Universal GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Had a great time with it so far. It's less simulation oriented than RR3 but that doesn't bother me.
    I rly like the track variation and environments in GT2. Feels less sterile than RR3 to me.
    Plays butterly smooth on iPhone 5 (without the S).

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Careful.
    He might consider you a backseat moderator as well and start slagging you off in the Gunner Z thread too.

Oh, wait...

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just wondering, is the cloud save just in the background or is there a setting somewhere that I can't seem to find. Just thinking ahead for when I re Download later.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Its in the background.

Its uses your gamecenter id to create a unique identifier/profile and then that profile is saved to Gameloft own servers.
    It also uses the gamecenter id for time stamps which essentially are your progress sync.

One thing to be aware of is when you delete, select to "keep" your gamecenter data.
    It is stored on separate servers but its always best to be cautious in these areas.

5. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Platinum Series is live. Seems like an interesting addition.

Also, stage 5 updates are now dollars only. No longer coins. Not sure how I feel about that.

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks RIP, I may gave to start referring to you as the Oracle. :)

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Gotta say that after nailing a lap and snagging a race win, the level of satisfaction from this game is fantastic. The more time spent on this the better it is getting. Now working towards getting enough stars for the Clio RS. Happy days!

8. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    #88 Oceraux, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    Can I borrow someone's california account?

EDIT: I mean Canada. LULZ

9. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I hate the crashes. I got to level seven, got seven dollars, and the game crashed. When I booted the game back up, I had all my coins and stars/progress, but not the 7 dollars. Seeing as you seem to only get dollars by levelling up and getting some achievements, that is a bit disappointing.

10. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Damn, that "lake como" track is a pain in the ass!!
    Extremely hard to master for me!

Platinum series is a nice addition but the qualification time on montreal (1.16) is just too fast! Played that event for 6 times now and best time i can do is a low 1.19
    Also, are the cars set for these events because i can only drive them with my renault clio?

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Same, I thought for sure I'd set a fast enough time for first, a low 1.19, and then saw a 1.16 in first. I had 3 boosts and my car upgraded to level three on all parts... Still not fast enough ?? And yes, lake como is my least favorite track too.

12. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Again, may I borrow someone's Canadian account?

Apple doesn't send me verification emails.

13. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    The Platinum series is rather good, it's 4 sets of 4 challenges/races which unlock every 16 hours each, you earn stars for beating them like the main mode but they are plat stars instead of gold stars, hit a certain amount of stars by the end of the weekend and you win one of three prizes, in game cash, money or a car.

I hope that it's not too easy to win the better prizes later down the line, and you have to balance your play time with it which is good IMO.

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It's easy to create a Canadian account. Just google "how to create a Canadian iTunes account." It takes 5 mins.

15. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    #95 Diablohead, Oct 5, 2013
    If anyone is interested in seeing the game being played, broadcasting it on twitch for a bit:

www.twitch.tv/diabuk *edit* stopped for now, finally all plat stars for group 1.

16. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I could understand the 1:16 time if it was for a higher tier car. A tier 2 car shouldn't be that difficult for group 1. Makes me fear the difficulty of the last groups races #

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #97 Rip73, Oct 5, 2013
    I got very close with two upgrades on each part (brakes, acceleration, etc), broke into the 1:16's but missed out by 2 tenths of a second.
    One more upgrade will do it for me I reckon.

It is tough and I did manage to master each corner but a slight skid on the last bend did it in for me.

And, yeah, lake combo is one tough track to master. Very satisfying once you get there though. Braking correctly going in to the bends and hairpins seems to be the key there.

Edit. Got it on Montreal. Upgrade three on each to crack it.
    Also, don't follow the outlined racing line religiously, just use it as a guideline. Some of the outlines have a very wide racing line so try and narrow it down.
    Diab is kicking my ass time wise though:)

18. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    This is my Montreal run from earlier, the car is fully upgraded apart from brakes and I used a boost for accel and speed, only one level though.

Took about a dozen tries and even though I finally made first I still clipped a wall or two, that track and it's fast corners...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBa_mb1hbv4

19. Wow, framerates look great on an iphone 5, is ok on my ipad 3, but will look forward to an ipad 5.

20. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    That video is capped at 30fps with hickups from the AV out processing, the game on iPhone 5 sometimes hit's what feels like above 30, it's a very smooth game.

I have played a bit on my iPad 3 myself and thought it was alright, but I only did the tutorial race.