Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Yeah, it really is more relaxing to just make your own world (enter any name you want on the world select screen to make it) and try to avoid the hoards until you're situated.

While 30 people punching and spiking each is fun for a bit, it does sort of get in the way of building stuff.

2. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Hey background seeds are awesome! Cave Background seeds are needed for black blocks and mushrooms!

And doors. What would we do without doors?!

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really don't want to have to do a complete restore. Just the thought of having to copy over all my music etc again frightens me lol

I'll give a go at looking for any preferences that could be still stored like you suggested. Any idea where about on the device they'd be stored though?

4. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I don't remember the directory names in the iDevices haha. If it's anything like the OSX filesystem, though, they would probably be somewhere under a user library directory or something similar.

5. I went and started my own world...the door is surrounded by lava and I put a lock on it so when people go into the world, they are trapped....it's going to be peace on that world

6. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    That's certainly one way to do it haha. Once you get to where you can make House Entrances you can just make a locked building with a "door".

Of course, using intra-linking, you could make a locked building with normal doors.

7. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Is there a wiki guide for crafting? I've started to list my own recipes in notes, but I kinda suck at finding new ones :(

On another note.. Anyone need clothes? I have a top hat, moustache, brown shoes, Santa pants, and a red hood to give away.

Wish we could craft chests or something.. I've bought a few backpack upgrades but the items accumulate so quickly. I'd buy chests for 99c and store them inside a locked area.

And I wouldn't mind some fairy stuff, I have a ninja hood for trade if that's allowed. And a peg leg.

8. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    There's the list on this wikia page: http://growtopia.wikia.com/wiki/Recipes

And I have a personal spreadsheet I'm using for ensuring I have every combination. Filling that out is a really slow process, though, considering how many source seeds I require to test it all. I've only completely uncovered the first five "generations". And they were already all accounted for on the wiki, but doesn't hurt to know for sure.

I'm going to add the fifth tier to my SEEDIARY world tomorrow. I have to get the required source seeds first and I'm about to call it a night.

Definitely agree on the chest thing. I have a lot of bag upgrades, but since I'm experimenting with combining every seed available, my bag space is insanely tight lol.

I don't have any fairy stuff or I would trade. I want the ninja stuff, and I'm slowly working my way there. I'm up to steel, but I need more of it - then I have to make The Darkness >.<

9. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    #49 sawyer4325, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Man! TOUCHARCADE world is nuts! I was wondering how you get wings and jetpacks? I see people with them all over the place! Oh! And I have some clothes I want to trade, or give away, if anyone is interested.

Edit: I was just banned, I wasn't a troll/briefer/jerk...so why was I banned????????? Didn't even play with people today, well I looked at TOUCHARCADE but that's it...

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Classic case of ban hammering in an MMO without looking at a situation,

Hope you didn't buy into it yet?

11. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    That's what I hope it is! My device isn't jail broken, so I know it's not that. I just bought iap, upgraded my inventory, then planted some seeds, and left....came back, and. BAM! I was banned,!

Friggin sucks...

12. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Devs, since you unbanned the guy you thought was hacking (but wasn't, not accusing you bro) can you unban me? I want to play during lunch!

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow do things move fast in this. I made the world toucharcade yesterday afternoon came back this morning and its practically been stripped bare over night:eek:

14. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    35 people at 7:00 am, spikes and lava everywhere! It's kinda nuts!

15. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Sawyer, server banned you for Tapjoy fraud. Sending the same Tapjoy receipt in 20+ times to score over 5k in free gems.

Uh... Any idea why that would happen on your device? Did you notice that happening?

16. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    #56 sawyer4325, Jan 11, 2013
    Hah I thought it was a daily bonus! EDITED PER REQUEST OF DEV!

EDIT: don't wanna seem like I'm trying to cover it up...sorry, really I am...

17. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Actually I don't ban over behavior and language usually, unless it's pretty bad and they've ignored repeated warnings. We have a system where we can temporarily mute people or banish them to the world HELL for a while to cool their jets.

The banning is nearly 100% reserved for fraudulent IAP/Tapjoy activity which I'm sorry to say is pretty rampant these days. :( Left unchecked, it would destroy the economy of a game like this so I have to take it much more seriously than in a single player game.

18. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    #58 Seth A Robinson, Jan 11, 2013
    No prob, I sent a PM...

19. RagerX

RagerX Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I've got my own little piece (small lock) of toucharcade now. The game is fun!

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I rather buy rare clothes until I get the jetpack :)