iPad Ground Effect 1.2 + Lite with OpenFeint

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Der-Kleine, Nov 5, 2009.

1. bleeper

bleeper Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    You are probably looking in the wrong place. Read the second sentence below VERY carefully.... who's responsible for WHAT? :)

The soundtrack of Ground Effect is by a band called 'Diefenbach'. What inspired the band's name and which famous brothers are responsible?

2. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Surely not that hard to solve! I've still got codes to give away (not saying if anyone's won yet) :)

3. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    I'm pleased to report that some people have managed to come up with the right answer :) Still promo codes available so please keep your answers coming in.

4. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    have you pmed the codes to the people who got it right?

5. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Thanks everyone! Keep your answers coming in & we'll notify winners tomorrow. :)

6. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    The answer to yesterday's quiz was that the band's name was taken from the movie Fargo (there was a character called Reilly Diefenbach) which was directed by the Coen Brothers. Glenn will be sending out promo codes soon to the winners. :)

7. ilusions

ilusions Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Wow. All that time I kept trying to search for which famous brothers made the BAND popular, and a quick search on google just found me out what you were really getting at...

8. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Well thanks for the promo code. Posted a review on itunes, it looks great so far.

9. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Anyone who's feeling b**b deprived since Apple's clamp-down will surely find solace in Ground Effect which boasts amazingly curvaceous and (dare I say it) suggestive landscapes... And if you squint your eyes & hold your iDevice just at the right angle ... ;)

No screenshots please! Don't want any reprisals! :)

10. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    I know it's kind of sad that all of those boob apps were deleted but i'd hate to think that anyone might be reduced to activating the free-camera easter egg, flying the camera high into the air over 'Twin Peaks' and pointing the camera straight down...

11. bleeper

bleeper Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Thanks for the code. This is an awesome game. I gave it a 5-star rating and will review when I get past a couple more levels. Working on There and Back for now. Only two more levels until Twin Peaks. :D

I just don't get how people are leaving 1-star ratings??? :confused:

12. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Glad you are enjoying it.

Neither do I. It's not like anything has been taken out or slowed down or anything as I've updated. It was like this with the last rev, it's almost as if people with a vested interest in in making an app look bad are the first to go back and re-rate...

If you press the "all versions" button the ratings are much better and the 5 star bar is the longest.

Anyone who bought any version can of course go back and re-review or re-rate an update.

13. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK

14. ra88it

ra88it Member

May 2, 2009
    #674 ra88it, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Don't retire just yet, Winter! :)

15. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Amazing job ra88it, I noticed you at the top of the chart yesterday morning. It didn't make a lot of difference to me, I was already in 4th place behind you, blackpoppy and Winter :(

I spent an hour trying all sorts of boost timings and corner cutting and didn't manage to shave any time at all off the first level!

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE (today only) in Austrian App Store! (DownloadingÂ…)

17. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Looks like you might be in for some competition pretty soon if today's download numbers are anything to go by. :)

18. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...also shows as free in the US store now

19. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Favourite Levels

I'm just wondering what everyone's favourite levels or bits of levels are. I'm seriously contemplating making a few more.

I'd also be interested to hear ideas for new ones. I've been playing, for example, with a track with an area with gates so dense that the boost button can basically be held down for half a lap :)

Any ideas?

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think my favourite is called twin peaks, is the name right?