Universal Groove Planet (by Animoca Brands)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by animocabrands, Dec 2, 2015.

1. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    My music library isn't showing up either...

2. Animoca

Animoca Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Apologies for the music library issue, when we introduced support for Apple Music a bug related to certain songs was introduced, we are working on a hotfix right now! Thank you for your patience and support!

3. Animoca

Animoca Member

Dec 4, 2014
    We are restoring the previous balances, we introduced new buildings into the game and in the process certain changes were made which we are restoring as a hotfix along side the music library/apple music fix! Thank you for your support, we're working over the weekend to get it done!

4. thekungfaux

thekungfaux New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Great game! But now it crashes

Hey all, just experienced the crash issue a few hours ago so I downloaded the update and the game is still crashing as soon as I open it. Tried deleting and re-installing, rebooting my phone, nothing works. I have an iphone6s running 9.1. Anyone have any success with the new update?

5. Paradoxq13

Paradoxq13 Member

Nov 2, 2012
    The update fixed the crash-on-startup issue on my device, but the app itself is incredibly laggy for me and crashes frequently. (iPod5 iOS9.2) I'm hoping the next update can fix this!

6. animocabrands

animocabrands Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Changelog for the new fix being submitted shortly

Thank you very much for all your patience, we have worked through the weekend and have a new version in submission!

Apple Music integration bug fixed
    User Song Library bug fixed affecting library based on certain songs
    All your music should now be accessible in-game
    We also have a special gift/surprise for all the players, login with the new update once approved!
    Restored original (pre-update) game balance
    We are working on many exciting updates for future versions of Groove Planet - stay tuned and keep grooving! We hope Apple can approve this update very soon!

7. Luzzifus

Luzzifus New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Awesome game, totally love it!
    Have you considered adding a way/button to buy buildings and upgrades in stacks of 10? After a restart, I usually only upgrade the base while building up a big combo. That way it takes around 20 minutes to unlock the last available building and then it takes another 20 minutes to buy 50 of every building (to raise my population). First 20 minutes are fun as hell, the second 20 minutes not so much. ;)

8. Paradoxq13

Paradoxq13 Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Argh. See, I would like to love the game, and I'm sure it would've been one of my favourites, but the lag renders it unplayable. Waiting 10 minutes to just get to the song selection screen because the frame rate dropped insanely low doesn't work for me. It just crashed for the 4th time so I think it's time for me to uninstall it. Congrats on creating something unique, but unfortunately I can't join the fun.

9. animocabrands

Dec 4, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Update 1.2.0 is now live. Please update your game and let us know if you encounter any more issues. There should be a little holiday surprise waiting for everyone! In any case, proper patch notes here:

We're also now on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GroovePlanetGame/

We'll definitely consider it. Thanks for the love!

10. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Love the time wasting game here my question is, how do I reset the game to achieve the reset 3 times achievement?

11. Luzzifus

Luzzifus New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    #51 Luzzifus, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Since the last update, I cannot play the game anymore. I see the buildings and planet disc, but there are no people. I also see the Game Center welcome back message at the top. But there is no UI at all and I cannot rotate the view. The music starts to play and I can tap to beat (combo counter works), but I can't do anything else. :(

iPhone 5s 32GB, iOS 9.2

**edit: The song selection button seems to be there actually. But it is invisible and only shows its pressed state (and only as long as I touch it). But nothing happens when I touch it.

After you reach the last unlocked building, there will be a button to create a new planet in the buildings menu.

12. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    So I unlocked the last building but I never built it, I opened a new branch 4 times and nothing

13. EmeraldLynx

EmeraldLynx Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    Am I the only one having trouble keeping a combo up? It seems like I'll get close to 100 or so and it'll just say "miss" when I clearly kept the timing right. If I tap slower it's fine.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Maybe so... I can get 200 easy and even reach over 1000 but got bored and stopped to upgrade.

15. animocabrands

Dec 4, 2014
    Hong Kong
    #55 animocabrands, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Tapping too fast will surely make you miss. Some of our players have gotten combos of 500 to 1,000 and above, so find that perfect rhythm!

Thanks again for your continued support! More feedback would be very much appreciated, as we are still working to add more content to Groove Planet and trying to make everyone's experience all the better!

For the next update, expect:
    Menu problem fixes
    Increasing of base level to 90 and recorder level to 40
    Improving of overall responsiveness and functionality

This update is coming soon, so keep posted!

16. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    #56 Desertking24, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    I'm still having issues with getting the tap to fast achievement, the reset planet 3 times planet (I'm on my 5th planet already) and now my recorder (maxed out mind you) stops giving me bonuses

17. animocabrands

Dec 4, 2014
    Hong Kong
    We apologize for any persisting issues. Hopefully, the newest update will solve most problems.

The newest update includes fixed support for Apple Music & user song library, and restoration of tap & combo & building power, as well as a few other fixes.

If issues persist, please don't hesitate to post your device model, OS version, and other helpful details. They will be of much help for future updates! Keep on tapping, and please visit Groove Planet's Official Facebook page!

18. animocabrands

Dec 4, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Update 1.3.0

Here’s a new update for you! We’ve removed Chartboost, fixed support for Apple Music & User Song Library, and restored the tap & combo & building power. Groove Planet’s only gonna get better so DROP. THAT. BEAT!

19. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    How does one get the tap really fast bonus? I swear I can't tap any quicker

20. animocabrands

Dec 4, 2014
    Hong Kong
    New Update

Just a few updates for everyone:

- You can now save and load your game progress via iCloud® (Apple App Store). Access your game data from any device!
    - UFOs now enter the game smoothly and without breaking your tap combo
    - Since it’s the season of the Lunar New Year, The Temple of Xin Nian has now been opened to everyone!

Come and jam to all things new in the most exciting place in the universe, Groove Planet!