Universal GRIS (by Devolver Digital, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 21, 2019.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nope! Nothing at all. Just "No Data" for the GC achievements.

2. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Loving this so far and its a beautiful game. Played it on my ipad mini 3 first and some it crashes back to the home screen but that might becasue that only had 1gb of memory. On my iphone X it's been buttery smooth and no crashes or bugs so far

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Great to hear! I’ll get going again with it, rather than wait for an update.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just completed the game.
    If you are even slightly interested, you must buy it and play till completion (took me around 5 hours, but I miss some secrets).
    Even just the ending is so good, still have goosebumps.
    I think I liked this even more than Limbo and Inside.
    Absolute masterpiece, I’m so glad I waited to buy it on PC and Switch hoping it will come to iOS (flawless port btw, played mostly on iPhone X with AirPods).
    If not for another game I can’t talk about, would be easily my GOTY, and it’s close anyway/I’m undecided (but I have more than 100 hours on the other one).

Also, it was MUCH more game than I expected reading some articles about it.
    Some clever puzzles too.

Highly recommended.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Ah, that explains the problems I was having with my Bluetooth headphones this morning. The sound worked for a second then I got a loud scratching sound followed by no sound. Glad they’re fixing it but I’ll probably have it beat by then. *looks around for Apple earbuds*

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #26 Pitta, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Weird, I played all game with AirPods (both on iPhone and iPad) and never got a problem.

Does anyone know how to check if you got all secrets in the game?
    And does anything change, ending wise, if you do so? I think I got them all but 1 I couldn’t figure out how to reach but forgot where.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just casually figured it out. The game just got even better.

You can check what you are missing in a secret room in the final temple, go down instead of completing the game going up

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    The gameplay looks tiny on the vid. Anyone know how small the character is on an iPhone 8?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The camera is dynamic, pulling in and out depending on the task, scene, etc. On some sequences, the character looked small even while playing on my Switch on a 52” tv. Sometimes, the environment is the protagonist.

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    My concern is that I may not be able to clearly view the character during gameplay. What percentage of the time is the camera pulled out to the point the character is practically a speck on the screen as shown on the vid?

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Tough question. Hard to say actually. I'd say less than 5%? The game never pulls you out that far when there's something you need to do (other than just walking, I mean). I wouldn't worry about it.

squarezero and ColeDaddy like this.
  11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I really would t worry about the sequences with the tiny character...it’s tiny even on a huge TV from the couch....it’s so by design.
    I played the whole game almost exclusively on iPhone X and didn’t have any problem.
    If you really can’t see where Gris landed...just jump or move a bit (you can’t die in the game).

Also....so much for Gris being a ‘short’ game.
    I’m trying to find all suns because I’m pretty sure it will unlock something in the temple and damn some are really hard and demanding....AWESOME.

I think I’m liking Gris even more than Inside (which is a masterpiece as well).
    Even replaying it immediately after completing it leave me with open mouth in awe....some sequences are so powerful and epic!!!

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just one sun to go....but I'm going crazy because I have no idea where to look, I think I explored every pixel of this beautiful world.

Just GLORIOUS.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Almost 12 hours later I finally found all suns and as I was hoping was awesomely rewarded.
    This changes everything!!!

A real masterpiece.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's absolutely dumbfounding to see people making videos of this now (and older reviews on YouTube) calling it "guhriss". You'd think with how everything in this game is meticulously and purposefully beautiful, a Spanish dev team would actually not name it something as ugly as that. It's Spanish for gray, folks! As such, it's pronounced like you would pronounce "grease".

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Lmao I have been pronouncing it wrong this whole time.

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Bring from New Orleans, I was reading it as "Gree"!

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Still love you bud! :p

Think it may be the ALL CAPS title that's misleading. Perhaps if it had been normal there'd be more inclination for everyone to poke around and check out how to pronounce it? *shrugs*

18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Skall likes this.
  19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I seen this is launching in android and it made me think I never bought this either somehow....so many games I didn’t get. Really thinking about it.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’ve got SOOOO many games on my phone. Did have a folder called best and that for huge. Now I have Best II etc !

this is a great game I need to go back to. Loved the graphics on this. Still so many great games I need to go back and play

ste86uk likes this.