Out Now Grindstone (by Capybara Games)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Absolutely loving this one. Never thought Grindstone and Bleak Sword would be up there with my favorites.

2. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    What are all of the 10 hidden Game Center achievements? (They make me come back and want to complete the game.)

3. Mathiastheninja

Sep 22, 2019
    I absolutely love this game, on 65 now. There are 3 things that annoy me though:

1. The animations. 15 seconds to start some levels get tedious fast. Same with clicking on stuff in the inn, and going back(the x button), takes too long.
    2. No way to see what "type" the levels are. If you want to go back and do an achievment, you have to click around until you find one with for example bats in it.
    3. It's hard for a goldfish like me to know all the mechanics. Would like a help-screen with all the monsters and their characteristics listed, so that i know what all the power-items apply to, and which monsters i can use them on.

4. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Several updates have been released, including the daily challenge levels. Beware that the daily challenges offer no rewards towards player progress by beating them.

AA and the developer are able to fix these issues and increase player retention at the same time..

For each daily challenge, let the player earn gems or other small randomized items upon completion. Perhaps 5 gems for beating challenge round one, or 8 gems for completing the subsequent challenges...

Why log on everyday? No point...Unless you earn rewards.
    Make them small so that people still need to grind.

It’s just frustrating that when visiting earlier levels, it takes too much time to simply earn gems again and buy health.

People have not been able to add anybody to their GC list except since iOS 9. The point is that most people don’t even know who they are competing with, in terms of leaderboards.

Other than that, excellent job adding all of the levels, AA/Cabybara should consider the more appropriate and fitting retention suggestion without a question.