Out Now Grindstone (by Capybara Games)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I really love this one too -- finally started it today. Got in about 8 levels so far, it's really addicting! Crazy when you get the chest drop in one corner and the key in the opposite though -- I'm enjoying the challenge.

ste86uk likes this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m stumped on level 21 at the minute I must have tried it about 5 times now. But I’ll keep giving it a go every now and then because I do really like the game and want to play more.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Level 21 is what transformed (for me anyway) the game from awesome to GLORIOUS.
    I've been stuck there all the week end, tried endless times, almost shattered the iPhone several times :p
    I've realized that the game is WAY more than a randomized affair (the initial board is fixed).
    This morning I cracked the level but was missing the chest...to get the chest I took a leap of faith praying the armor would protect me....it din't and I died one step away from full success.
    BUT I JUST fully completed the level tough....and it's IMMENSELY satisfying.

This was my strategy.
    Equipped: Shield, Leap potion, Health potion.
    Leap potion is the key....prepare the board and as soon as you can get rid of those damn magical gravestones.
    If the thief appear....get rid of him ASAP because it steals the gems and they are key to kill the other enemies.
    The most difficult part is the very start imho...don't be afraid to use even just one step turns to arrange the board in the best way.
    Also, probably you already know that, but be aware that paths can overlap (you can do X).
    Last...be aware that if you don't kill the skeleton ghosts (the ones that appear after you kill the 'main' skeletons) fast enough....they return in their full skeleton form (which takes 5, not 3).

Totally in love with the game.
    Now I'm scared of opening next level....I think I'll replenish ingredients before that, especially bat wings for my potions.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It sure is hard! Definitely seems like a big step up in difficulty compared to all the levels before it hopefully if I finally beat it I’ll be better at the other levels after it!

I’ll try as you said, so far I’ve just been going in with the arrow, shield and axe is it? And only 1 heart but it clearly isn’t doable like that or at least it feels that way that’s for sure!

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    When I did it I had all 3 hearts left, but the armor protected me one time.
    Imho the necessary item is the leap, game is much easier with it, didn’t find the sword and the arrow that useful so far.
    crafted a new sword that seems more promising tough. :)

Level 24 now :)

ste86uk likes this.
  6. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I'm on level 23 and the game starts to become tricky. Up to now I did everything with one heart and no jumping (didn't replenish it in the inn) and it was ok. Now I need to use these items go proceed. Tomb spawning skeletons are a real pain in the ...

Where is the new sword? Chest in lvl 23?

ste86uk likes this.
  7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I think yes but can't remember...level 28 now.
    Pulling a 34 chain is one of the most satisfying gaming things ever.

I hit a 0 gold record...now gold is flowing back to my purse again (already over 100).

What a game.

8. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I don’t know if devs are reading here, but I wish there was a way to skip the initial animations when you start a level: attacking bats and spectral fist attacking from the tomb. When you restart the level you don’t want to watch this for the 10th time.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. blakeavon

blakeavon New Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Male
    Been loving it but I am stumped on level 15. Sadly I missed all the text explaining what I am supposed to be doing. (started the level, then had to put the phone down) I have learned through trial and error how to deal with the bombs but have no idea how to get the '30' need.

10. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    You should kick 3 bombs up the boss his ramp by aiming your approach.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Says on the update they toned down difficulty on some levels I just checked level 21 and it only has 2 tombstones now and not 3 so hopefully that’ll help.

It said about some fixes but I still get that video on launch and it mentioned adding a button on map to skip to jori which I thought would take me to the level that I’m on but I don’t see it so far with him just sat at the inn.

12. R40ul

R40ul Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Really love this game, awesome gameplay mechanics, and great visuals.
    I'm stuck in Level 30. I've hit the boss multiple times, but it takes no damages. I guess there must be a trick, like hitting it at a particular time, but despite playing that level again and again, I haven't been able to understand what I'm supposed to do...
    Can anyone help me ?

13. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    Is the file size really 2gb for this type of game? Its a bigger size than Oceanhorn 2 and when I downloaded this game I noticed it downloaded quite quickly even on my slow broadband which is strange considering the size.

14. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I was on cellular and it said: "app download size is 320 mb", so it's probably a mistake on the app store.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It’s using 1.82gb on my phone.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If I’m not mistaken, you have to hit the skull (even if it says 0) when the hands are on the board 3 times.
    And I’m not sure if you need a long chain.
    All I know is that I tried everything (multiple times, hands on status, hands on board, long chains)...and eventually I destroyed it.
    I know...not that much help but...

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    With the nerf to level 21 I beat it pretty easily my first try although just missed out on the chest and crown as I decided to make a quick escape just to get it completed as things were heating up so I’ll carry on and see how the other levels are but I’m a bit of a completionist so I’ll have to go back for the chest and crown.

18. ViktorDarko

ViktorDarko Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Male
    This is my favorite and most addictive game that I've played so far on arcade, I'm so far on level 43.

But there is one thing I hate, and it is that I can't listen to my own music while playing the game.
    I found a hack, which is that wearing my AirPods / powerbeats pro i can start the game and double tap/ press the button to keep playing my own music. Not even siri or control center can bypass the game's music

19. R40ul

R40ul Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks, that worked !
    The lack of feedback makes it weird, as you don't know if you're doing any damage, but I finally managed to pass that level.

20. wxsampson

wxsampson New Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Male
    So does anyone know how to beat the level 30 boss? I run into him like six or seven times, sometimes on 20+ plays, but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing?