iPad Grind 2.0 from WebGames3D.com ( now$0.99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy M., Jul 9, 2009.

1. Andy M.

Andy M. Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    VERSION 2.0 IS HERE!!!

App Store - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302802808&mt=8

-BIG NEW FEATURES-
    • Added more skaters.
    • Added more big parks.
    • Added challenge mode.
    • Improved skater animations.
    • Improved camera view.
    • All parks are much larger.
    • All new help menu.
    • Improved scoring system.
    • New, cool icon.

Grind is an advanced, 3D skateboarding game for the iPhone/iPod Touch. It uses the NVIDEA PhysX engine to simulate a very fun and realistic skateboarding experience. Swipe up, down, left, or right to perform tricks which include christ air, kickflip, airwalk, and more. Also, you can edit your own course for unlimited fun and gameplay!

-THREE GAME MODES-
    • Challenge - complete the given tricks/spins in one combo.
    • Time Attack - skate around for two minutes and rack up as many points as possible.
    • Practice - perfect all your trick combos with unlimited time.

-FEATURES-
    • 5 unlock-able boards (6 total).
    • 2 unlock-able characters (3 total).
    • Tricks including kickflip, tailgrab, christ air, heelflip, nosegrab, and airwalk.
    • Challenge, Time Attack, and Practice game modes.
    • Edit a park with up to 50 ramps and obstacles.
    • Smooth graphics and gameplay.

[​IMG]

2. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Cool! Looks nice. Is it like a game where you can control the skater using those buttons?

3. Andy M.

Apr 2, 2009
    Yes, you can absolutely control the skater. Steer by tilting the device, swipe to make him do tricks. The skater can freely move around wherever you want. It is full 3rd person traditional skate game.

4. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Cool. The editor seems nice.

5. Andy M.

Apr 2, 2009
    What do you guys think of Grind 2.0 so far? What would you like to see in the next upgrade?

6. twilightknight

twilightknight Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    whats with the dog ? :D

7. Andy M.

Apr 2, 2009
  8. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    What other hidden characters are there?

9. Andy M.

Apr 2, 2009
    We are working on a couple of new ones for the next upgrade. The current version has a total of 3 characters. By the way, the dog is capable of doing everything the humans can do.

10. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    This game looks like it has come a long way.

11. Andy M.

Apr 2, 2009
    Free version coming soon.

12. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    cool ill wait for that

13. Andy M.

Apr 2, 2009
    We just submitted it, so it might take a couple weeks. If some of you can't wait, get the full version (it's only 2.99) and it's the best/open-word skateboarding game in the store. You'll probably wind up getting it anyways.

14. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    This game is down to $0.99, and it has been updated. I've been keeping my eye on this for a little while, waiting for the price to go down. I'll try it out and post my impressions (with a comparison to skater nation).

15. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    #15 Fletch, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    Cool, I've always been curious about this one, and somewhat suprised it never really caught on. I'm eager to hear what you think.

Edit: did the free version never get released? I can't find it...

16. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    It did, but is not in the US Store right now... I was looking for it too ;)

17. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Game Impressions

Well frankly I have to say I was expecting a bit more. However, from what I've seen in an old review of the game, the game has gotten a lot easier to play and a lot more fun. Unlike Skater Nation, you can't grind on every edge in sight. You have to jump up onto a rail and balance (which in this update is done by tilting the device). I keep trying over and over again, and even when I successfully start grinding, I lose my balance and fall over. Another issue I had a problem with is the control of speed. On the virtual joystick you keep pressing forward in order to stay at your current speed. If you don't you'll slow down and won't be able to go up ramps.

Despite some of these flaws the game has a practice mode, career mode, and time trial mode to play. There are also two more unlockable skate parks, two more characters (the third one is literally a dog), and five more boards. Another notable feature is the park builder where you can customize your very own skate park with various ramps, rails, and more (you can only place a limit of 50 objects in your park).

Hopefully the developers will keep adding more to the game and improve a few areas. If you want to try it out or maybe just hold onto it for future updates, the description says the $0.99 sale will last to Dec. 7th.