Universal Grimvalor (by Direlight Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Thanks, that was great!

moshgra likes this.
  2. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I thought I was moving through this game relatively quick, but Act IV really ratchets up the enemy count and difficulty, the shambler is a BITCH. And the areas also get much larger it would see.....

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #143 Solarclipse, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Just finished the game...wow. Such a joy all around. 100% everything. Once I learned how to use the gauntlets to get up higher, nothing was stupidly hard to find. Just the right amount of hidden that you you feel great when you find everything.

There's one achievement for 30 points which is hidden, under "strength in vanity." Anyone get that? Maybe its wear all the trinkets or something. Complete the game without levelling up—yikes...

Thinking about end game equipment...where did the spoiler tag buttons go? Not really a spoiler anyway.

I was a little surprised that that the highest forge level was #4, because I have a ton of those shieldy things to upgrade with, but the level 3 sword and axe would be pointless to get. I actually only forged the gauntlets and armors.

The depths of the mountain in act IV has the cerulean amulet, which uses some of your soul energy to reduce damage—I think that's how it works. That's a great item, and the best weapon imho in the game is in there too. Windcutter is a sword with "superior" crits, as in 900-1000 damage. It does about 300 more base damage than any other weapon. I feel like stuns are really useful in the beginning, but as you get better at dodging etc later in the game the crits (and mastery over savagery) are better.

Generally though the gauntlets are really awesome and I used those the most, until Windcutter.

You don't need focus over 13 (9 wearables), I think with 10 (8 wearables) you could get all the useful trinkets on. The Whirlwind trinket is kind of annoying in that it is easy to accidentally use. I didn't try the azure bangle...but actually that would be really good in boss fights now that I think of it. Especially with the cerulean amulet and high mastery.

Ended at level 24 with 14 vigor, 24 savagery, 22 mastery, and 13 focus. But if I respecced, I'd probably go more like 12/25/26/10...At least, once you have the cerulean amulet you don't really get 1 hit killed anymore, except maybe the slayer's attack...I wish that had a "bubble" to show the damage area, because I kept trying to dodge it the wrong way. Because it looks like a ground attack, like a few of the others in the game.

I would totally pay for some DLC, an extra act...but for now, I might play through again as the male protagonist...except I have a life to get back to :)

raravan and houseofg like this.
  4. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    My pleasure!

5. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Dover, DE
    is this the hidden achievement?

6. proof21

May 25, 2012
    How do I get the trophy key?

7. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    That would be for defeating the tutorial boss(as opposed to dying like most players usually would).

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yes, it is an achievement: Against All Odds
    (Beat the Slayer in the tutorial)

moshgra likes this.
  9. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    When I played (as the woman), the other PC was in one of the cells after the boss, and I freed him. He gave me the trophy key. You might have to rescue him/her from another area first. I don't remember what area, but explore the rest of that act.

proof21 likes this.
  10. proof21

May 25, 2012

Hmm I 100%'d all areas except that one chest, i do't recall seeing any npc, and i looked high and low.

11. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Dover, DE
    Has anyone taken on the level one achievement? I knew it would be tough but I didn't realize how much so. Even the basic enemies are lethal. I have throuble managing my dodges when there are so many enemies on screen, like during a hunt. Any tips?

sleepmeower likes this.
  12. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Ive actually just started by level 1 run, i just beat the slayer during the tutorial to get the achievement.... if I find any useful tips ill gladly share.

One thing I can think of is that since a lot of souls are going to be useless, it could be useful to just dodge all enemies on the way forward

moshgra likes this.
  13. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#153 sebgo, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO PUT MY ATTACHED PICTURE IN A SPOILER WINDOW!!

Beat it with the girl but I can't find a treasure and a stockpile in "Depths of the Mountain" (currently at 78%, the rest of the map zones are 100%'d), now aiming for the Lv.1 run achievement and beating the tutorial boss. I almost beat him last night without knowing that was the hidden achievement (I read someone spoiled it haha).

"Found" some Dragon Scales (6) after smashing some objects, but they vanish so my guess is that's a bug or some removed stuff from early builds of the game (I'm playing the launch version because updating the game isn't possible for me at the moment). I may be wrong, but I I'm in front of a rocky wall that looks mashable, but no weapon (regular/charged attack) seems to damage it and my guess is behind that wall I'll find my two missing pieces of treasure. As I said before, I may be wrong, but I can't help but think that's the case since I've been around that zone many times trying to fnd my missing loot and the rest of the zones are completed at 100%, so it's not like I'm bad at finding those hidden places haha.

This is the place where I think those treasures are hidden:

Attached Files:

14. JHK

JHK Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    The missing chest and Loot Pile your looking for is not behind the rock area in your picture. I don't know how to post with a spoiler, so I'm hesitant to post the location. Can someone please tell me how to use the spoiler?

sebgo likes this.
  15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Thanks for replying, now I can keep looking for them without blaming it on the game (I didn't mean to get the location of the missing treasure, just wanted to make sure it wasn't behind that location).

As for the spoiler and other format, all you have to do is write your post between a basic code. It goes something like this:

["SPOILER"]Your post/reply goes here.["/SPOILER"]

For making it work as intended, you have to remove the quotation marks I used for the words SPOILER and /SPOILER.

This kind of code also works for adding other types of format, such as bold, italics, URL, and others; this is achieved by replacing the word SPOILER with letters or words, like B for bold, although most of the format options are available as user friendly buttons in the post UI.

My problem with the attached pic was that I couldn't select the content I wanted to insert between the SPOILER code.

Thanks again for your reply, I'll keep searching!

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

hey, i've just run that area last night and the mashable wall that you're looking for is in the same side a couple of platforms (floors) under that one in your pic , and they're very similar.

17. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    Really interested in this game, could someone please confirm whether it has cloud saves? Also how long does it take to finish, is there different loot to collect and is there character development?

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    There are iCloud saves. I switch playing on my iPad and iPhone seamlessly. You collect loot which you use to upgrade trinkets, weapons, forge, purchase armor. The landscape of the game is vast and creepy and the cinematic OST pulls players into immersive gameplay.

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Anyone have a vid of Act IV Depths of the Mountain where you have to jump through a ton of light globules? I'm having a bear of a time trying to get through.

sleepmeower and sebgo like this.
  20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, i'm stuck in the same point, and there's a video on YT, but in this case is useless 'cause that zone is very very tough... imo is a matter of luck on moves.

minute 5:46

ColeDaddy likes this.