Universal Grimvalor (by Direlight Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The fact the game hasn’t been featured by Apple saddens me.
    I hope they right this wrong soon, it’s up there with the best of the best.

2. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    New game+ would be awesome. More weapons and items = more awesome. Boss rush would be cool too.

drunk_vader, raravan and IggyZX_ like this.
  3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I am exactly at the same position with you. I defeated siegebreaker and now i am in act 2 and will come back at shattered rift when i am stronger. The shattered rift hunter is really tough :)

ColeDaddy likes this.
  4. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area

Ooh, thanks! I'll try this tonight.

5. Photobooth

Photobooth Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    OK, I'm lame but can someone tell me the friendly slime code? I thought I remembered it but nowe I can't even find the slime to talk to it again. where is it?

6. IggyZX_

IggyZX_ Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Male
    if I remember correctly.

7. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area

This worked, thanks!

Alas, I thought getting the loot there would get me to 100% for Depths of the Mountain, but it says I'm still missing 1 chest and 1 loot pile. I've gone through this level at least 6 or 7 times now ;)

ramzarules likes this.
  8. JHK

JHK Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    In Act III, Twisted Construct, how do you get up to Treasure 5/5. I see it done in a video and it appears that they are using the Heartseeker's Ring, but I just can't duplicate it. Thanks

9. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    It’s great that there are games that you have to have skills to play them I see so many greet looking games in the AppStore but you don’t have to have any skill to play them just pushing the attack button from beginning to end and there is no strategic element needed to finish them.........boring,it seems that this game is the opposite.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Heads up for everyone on a feature which...the game really should tell you about...each weapon has a different charged attack, and if you are wearing gauntlets, you can use an upward charged attack to launch yourself up. You can still double jump off that, so this can get you places you can't reach otherwise.

Doesn't seem to work like that with a sword though. Being a "metroidvania" I was expecting a little more in the ways of access skills...I think Dust is much more of a metroidvania than this game. (and if you are in this thread and haven't played Dust, mash the buy button on it, you will love it too)

pathogen541 likes this.
  11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I second this, if you finish up Grimvalor and are in need of something equally awesome, dust has gotchu. And I agree, dust is far more of a true metroidvania.

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #132 ColeDaddy, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Act III ain't no joke. Having a hard time avoiding them arrows in the Withered Plains. Dang, this game is good.

sakara214ever likes this.
  13. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    The graghics seem cool. Is this also available on Steam, is there multiplayer option? Couldn’t check the details yet..

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    need new game cycles, more levels, secret endings, enemies that scale in difficulty and new weapons. Complete your soulslike inspiration devs!

15. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    I agree Dust is a fantastic game and it’s unbelievable that the game is made by one guy great craftsmanship.

16. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Hi, how do I get to the top platform where there is some purple glowing things I can see; kind of by the entrance to Kings Road?

17. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    Picked this game up since I read it was like swordigo but a dark souls vibe. I buy a lot of games for iOS and usually put them down with about an hour of play.
    I'm not kidding when I say I couldn't put this down. I beat it over the course of 2 days. 100% in 11 hours.
    There were a few times I had to walk away for a few minutes out of frustration, but no section or boss was hard enough to make me deterred. Literally the perfect difficulty and I'll probably play again to get the level 1 achievement

18. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    I bought a pair of gauntlets and set them as my charge attack, if you buy the teleport ring it will boost you up a little, 2-3 charges on the up attack will get you up there

Son of Anarchy, proof21 and houseofg like this.
  19. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Just beat the last boss ! (I loved the fight !) the boss just before kind of pissed me off (didnt like the design, i hate fighting a "3d" object on a "2d" plane) but it was amazing nonetheless

I have 9 areas total left to 100% (they are all 75+% though) and im at 8 hours (7:57 to be exact).

So basically I am looking at roughly 10 hours of playtime, i died about 20-25 times in the entire playthrough, im level 21.

It was a LOT of fun, definitely worth 7$ and even more, best 8 hours of gaming i had in a LONG time

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If I recall well I personally did that in a completely different way.

I waited for a huge spider to appear near the platform and then I used it while on air to jump in it.