Universal Grimvalor (by Direlight Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You tell em :)!

2. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    what a game!!! almost £5 well spent. really loved the advertisements and promotions on female characters but you get options to choose male or female. combat is smooth, graphics great on ipad pro and iphone X...30mins in and i can already feel the brutal difficulty this game offered and is going to offer. has to be the best game i purchased after wonderblade...anyone on fence, should buy this masterpiece IMMIDIATELY. The devs deserve the love and support they want

3. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Great looking game with some very atmospheric graphics have to put some cash in my wallet to buy it.

redribbon likes this.
  4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Thanks for your review. I'm not getting it now unless it (Oddmar) goes on sale. xD

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #45 ramzarules, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    oh crescent key, where could you be, all up and down act 1 and 2 and you still escape me...
    Edit: found, break a wall in Sanctum Entrance

Surendra likes this.
  6. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    I’m getting stuck on a black screen after the title screen that won’t go away. I can hear stuff happening in the background and can seemingly interact based on sound effects. I’m on an iPhone XS max on iOS 12.0.1. Anyone else having this issue?

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Works fine on my iPhone XS on iOS 12.0.1.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, totally fine on my XS/12.0.1.

9. DirelightVille

Patreon Indie

Jul 9, 2018
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Hi! There is currently a compatibility issue with iPhone XS Max when you are using the Display Zoom feature.

As a workaround you can set the display zoom to Standard in settings: Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Display Zoom -> Standard

We are working on an update that will fix the issue properly and are hoping to make it available as soon as possible.

Loving all the comments in this thread btw. Has been an exciting day. :)

lezrock and subgenius like this.
  10. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    Never would have thought to check that, thanks for the quick response!

11. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Wow! Just WoW!!! :cool:
    What a bloody great game. Love the graphic style, somewhat gothic, and the background music is a perfect fit.
    Touch controls are excellent like you guys said and it works faultlessly with a Nimbus gamepad too.
    I’m no longer very nimble with my fingers (main reason I rarely play platform games) but I am finding the pacing of the fights to be quite managable, mainly due to the dodging mechanics that make you invincible while using that movement. It allows me to be a lot less hectic with my timing of tapping on the attack button.

One thing worth mentioning is the crossover save system. Brilliant!
    I played on my big iPad Pro for a while and then decided to try it on my iPhone 6 plus. And as soon as I started the game on my iPhone I was able to continue right where I had left off on my iPad. I wasn’t expecting it to be so seemless.

Also worth mentioning is the game can be played completely offline. The only time you need to either go online or join a wi-fi network for a matter of seconds is for your devices to sync the saves.

sakara214ever and IggyZX_ like this.
  12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #52 Vovin, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    yes, and yes

ramzarules likes this.
  13. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Looool

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    In this game, if you haven’t found something, it’s because you haven’t looked for it hard enough :).

Caldrath and sakara214ever like this.
  15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    :O :O i will start a game as the other character to see what happens, as i humiliated the slayer on our second encounter :)

Vovin likes this.
  16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    You can also have several savegames with both characters.

17. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Best game I’ve seen in months. Finally, after a long gaming slump, a game that hooked me. Big hooks too.
    Gorgeous graphics, silky controls (touch or Nimbus), killer sound, solid pacing, in other words gameplay perfection. And if you argue that there is no perfect game, I would most likely agree, but damn this is close.

Speaking of sound... some of you might remember me as an in-game music hater (“what, no toggle?!”), but that is surely not the case here. I love the background soundtrack! Dripping atmosphere.

My only hope is for future support ie: add-ons and additional content. When a game is this good, well, we want more. ;)
    Incredible job, Devs!

lezrock and Gwarmaxx like this.
  18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    This game is really great, and as a caveat I am NOT a platforming expert. Controls are superb.

stubbieoz likes this.
  19. brando

brando Member

May 8, 2012
    I found a bug, not a game breaking one mind you. In the monastery there is a locked door where you need a key to proceed. I happened to double jump right near the locked door and I slowly glitched through to the other side. I was unable to go back since the door was locked and needed a key. I almost restarted the game but I found a fast travel location not far after the locked door, shortly after beating a mini boss. I was able to back track, find an imprisoned merchant who gives you the key to open the monastery door. It’s not a big deal but one I think the developers should look into.
    By the way the game is phenomenal, air tight controls, wonderful atmosphere and I love the leveling up system. I have no complaints whatsoever. I can see bits of Swordigo ooze through, but this game is on an entirely different level. Way to go developers, I would have paid triple for this masterpiece. I hope it wins all kinds of awards..now fix that minor glitch

20. drunk_vader

drunk_vader Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Barista
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Guys, how do you beat the slayer? His sword slam attack seems to be an instant death no matter where I position myself.