Universal Grimnight Heroes: Survivors (by Gold Helm Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JackDerp, Jun 16, 2022.

1. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Hoping it releases in Australia, looks great!

breban1 likes this.
  2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Was having the same problem as others but the IAP unlocked for me now as well.

breban1 likes this.
  3. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #23 solarnya, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    @breban1
    I know there are some stupid people who put 1 star rating just if they don't have Japanese localization.
    But I know people who have fun playing with brilliant gems even though if they aren't localized to Japanese language.
    Give us a chance...

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Just made my first 20 minute run in the crypt, couple of thoughts here. 1. The wizards skill is great, especially the final upgrade for fireball. I would like to see more capstone skills like that. Something that takes it from a regular attack to a powerhouse. 2. Would love an orbital attack added. One that rotates around the player. That’s always my go to in these games. 3. Adding a flat skill cooldown upgrade would be nice.

Ok, going to save up for axe guy now & give him a go, will check back in.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

After looking at all the characters’ stats I came to the decision that I’d save up for the Wizard. Is that the first one you bought? And would you recommend him?

Harpua likes this.
  6. breban1

breban1 Well-Known Member

Australia should be available anytime between now and the next 24 hours! If you find the time, can you let me know if you are able to download so I know it worked?

Thank you SO MUCH for your support!!!

Thanks for the interest!

I am considering releasing in Japan, but even the "simple" English I currently have will need some work. I *think* ratings/reviews are not country-specific, so I'm worried getting 1 star reviews will affect the overall rating of the game. I wouldn't mind as much if the rating was just for Japan. Does anyone know if ratings are global?

I will post if/when I decide a Japan release!

solarnya likes this.
  7. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Hit 20 mins right after an 11 min run. But wow that boss came fast I had full health and one hit I was done lol. That was fun. It’s not that it’s hard. It’s that 20 mins is a long run. But if you have the time to sit for 20-30mins it’s a blast. I upgraded my swordsman a bunch. Now I will save for a new character. I have the next level but man I want another shot at that boss.

btw would be awesome to add an upgrade so you can have more than 1 book. Maybe add two slots or something……

Also start your 2.0 paid update with
    more permanent upgrades. And more power ups and more characters. And more levels and more…. Basically just keep going. Lol

Attached Files:

breban1 and Harpua like this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    #29 Harpua, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Of the three I’ve played so far, would definitely recommend the wizard. Level his fireball up to max, that final upgrade is a beast.

Anotherkellydown and breban1 like this.
  9. breban1

Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

1. Love the idea about having the final upgrade do more than just a % damage upgrade with the other Hero's main weapons.
    2. Would you believe the original special ability for the wizard was a circular fireball in 8 directions? Maybe I'll add that in as a possible skill up.
    3. I thought of having a flat skill cooldown, but it would really break the balance of the game as it sits right now. But maybe a Book that can be unlocked after Extreme/Insane modes are unlocked. I'll definitely give that some thought!

I hope you like Samson (barbarian)! His final skill Axe upgrade makes him quite formidable.

I'm saving all of these ideas for possible future additions, so keep them coming :)

Harpua likes this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Man that final guy comes out of nowhere, I was not expecting him lol. Not sure if he is beatable or is there to end runs

breban1 likes this.
  11. breban1

#32 breban1, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    That's exactly what I needed. This line in particular:

"This summary rating is specific to each territory on the App Store"

If I'm reading that correctly, the Japan App Store will have it's own rating, so it should NOT affect other countries. Did anyone else give that a read by chance?

solarnya likes this.
  12. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Yep, rating is based on country. Google Play is the same way

solarnya and breban1 like this.
  13. breban1

Currently the "Final" Boss on each level is not beatable. It was actually in the plans when I started designing, but it kind of fell off the table about midway through development. I DO want to add it in at some point, but it will be probably be at least a few updates for that one. If/when I do add defeat-able Bosses, your run will probably still end once they are beaten. I can then add "Defeat Final Boss" Quests!

14. breban1

You all have some REALLY good ideas. I will add this onto the list. If 2 books are allowed, I may need to ramp up the difficulty a little bit so the game doesn't become *too* easy...

I'm going to keep adding to and updating the game as long as interest remains. I'm in this for the long haul :)

Also, what do you mean by 2.0 paid update? Do you mean a paid version? Sorry, I'm not up on the lingo!

15. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Ya Maybe difficulty can ramp up if you choose an extra book. Like each book you add, adds 5% more monsters or something.

I just mean a big update with lots of additions that you actually have to pay for. I don’t Expect you to work for free. :)

breban1 likes this.
  16. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Ok that’s actually good news then. I was supposed to die when he arrived. That’s why I was 20 mins and 2 secs lol. That’s cool. I look forward to when you can beat them. But for now if that’s the design it’s fine.

breban1 likes this.
  17. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Just download in Aus!! Thank you.

breban1 likes this.
  18. breban1

Great, thanks for letting me know! And I hope you enjoy the game :)

Feel free to reply with any comments/suggestions!

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Love the barbarians circular axe throw, but I feel like it could benefit from a slightly faster swing time. Even with axe at max level it seems a little slow. This also could just be from me playing him right after the wizard who spams fireballs.

1. Just some ideas, final upgrade for sword could swing 2 blades one front & one back. axe does the multiple loops every throw.

2. Don’t tease me lol

3.upon playing more I agree the flat skill cooldown upgrade would be too much. Your book idea is perfect though. maybe a 10-15% skill speed book, I would be all over that.

Thanks for coming in and hanging out with us!