Universal Grim Fandango Remastered (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, May 5, 2015.

1. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Ha, same exact story for me as well, same age too. I was able to play Full Throttle back then though, I'd love to see that ported to iOS.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #142 klink, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Nope. Plenty of FAQ online though.

I didn't have a PC capable enough to play Full Throttle. Fingers crossed that it's ported.

3. TurboRuhland

TurboRuhland Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah, I tried to use the stretch mode and couldn't do it. I'm just gonna call it "Fat Manny" mode.

One big tip for people is that you can double tap when you are moving to run. Will speed things up immensely.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Speaking of Grim Fandango, I need to go finish Brutal Legend. Lol.

Double Fiiiiiiiinnnnnnneee!!!!!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    None, but this has a similar system to Phoenix Wright titles where if you try everything out you will eventually find the solution. Granted, this has more exploration than just trial-error choice-making, it's still easier to other older classic adventure games where you can easily get stuck coz the solutions are very ridiculous.

Other than that, this is a direct port of the remastered version, so there should be lots of existing walkthroughs to be googled.

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Had to refer to google for Gemini Rue, Bik and others but I'm trying my hardest not to do that here.. Solved the first few puzzles and feel pretty good about it ##..

7. tsubasa29

tsubasa29 Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Can someone explain me why it is not iphone 5 compatible ? Even Dragon Quest VIII works on this phone...

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    The iPhone 5 doesn't have a 64-bit processor.

9. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Full Throttle was one of my all time favorites. That, Diablo, and Wing Commander used to eat up all my time back in the day. I'd pay a ridiculous amount of money to have FT ported to iOS.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think we'll first eventually get an iOS port of the remastered Day of the Tentacle that Tim's working on now. Hopefully we see more and more remasters as time goes by. I'd probably give an arm and a leg to have Full Throttle remastered.

11. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Is he really!? O...M...G

That's amazing news if so!
    Do you mean redone art like the Monkey Island remakes?

12. Baracus

I have all my original CD Roms running through ScummVM on my android tablet!

Sam & Max Hit The Road was also one of my faves. Day of the Tentacle and the first 2 Monkey Islands are my life-long favourite games though for sure!

I got The Dig, Full Throttle, DotT, MI 1&2 and Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis. Good times!! :D

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's supposedly a special edition, so we could be looking at new art.

14. Baracus

Me excited!!!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I did too! :D Hell, I even had Curse of Monkey Island running on my Note 3. Even though it's right there in my drawer, I'll miss Android a little bit for reasons such as emulation and being able to run ScummVM. :(

Awesome games listed up there, man. Have every damn one of them and picked up most of them on GOG for safe keeping.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just finished off the first year on iOS and I can safely say this is the definitive version of Grim Fandango. While I'll always, always have the PC version ready, installed and loved on PC, there's just something so intimate about being able to lie in bed with your iPhone/iPad on your chest and being able to interact with and fall in love with Manny, Glottis and Meche.

It's probably the exact same experience on Vita, but I personally think buttons would get in the way. :p

17. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Playing Year Two and stuck. I know what I am supposed to do but the game isn't letting me do it. I have to give the note to the tattoo artist so he'll mention the races so I can get the photo. However, the artist is always on the phone when I go to see him and thus, the game doesn't allow me to give him the note. Is there something else I'm forgetting to do?

18. Baracus

If you already
    made the sailor fall asleep, which I think is what triggers the artist to get on the phone, and you have the "Rusty Anchor" Card in your inventory, then it does sound like a bug! Can you go back to another Save Point?

19. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sad thing was that LucasArts had already completed some work on Tentacle when Disney made them halt production.

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=261125][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261131][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261022][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261068][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261159][​IMG][/thread][thread=261062][​IMG][/thread]

Grim Fandango Remastered

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 7th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo