Universal Grim Fandango Remastered (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, May 5, 2015.

1. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Then you might have a different list than most here. Give it a try, you can always complain with Apple if it doesn't run and your device is on that list.

I think for most of us the list is iPad Mini >=2, iPhone <= 5S and iPad >= Air

2. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    Well if it's not working on a 4S, it's not going to work on an iPod, is it?

3. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    if you try purchasing it with a device that's not listed it just says "your device is not compatible".

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    And not everyone is using an old ipod touch 5th gen. I used to have one, great devices but they're now old and wont run the latest games sadly. So games should be 'weaker' just to accomodate ipod touch 5th gens ?

Not true, in the past (when i had the ipod touch) it regularly would let me buy the game but then would keep crashing.

5. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    true for me. i tried purchasing it and that's exactly what happened. try it yourself.

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Is the game annoying on the iPhone 6 to have the screen with the two borders and not fully utilize the iPhone 6 screen?

Just curious as this game sounds awesome but I usually hate games that don't use the full screen.

7. excalith

excalith New Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Sneak Attack! Now my iOS devices are complete.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    While it's a little weird at first, you get used to it in no time. It's like this with every single version of the game, so it's not like we're at a disadvantage or anything. If you like, there's also a 16:9 mode which stretches the picture out, but as you can imagine, it's not the most pleasant way to play the game.

9. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #129 chimpman252, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    How are the controls compared to other platforms? Can we get some gameplay footage? I have never played this game and was excited to see it come to iOS, but I'm wondering if it would be better to just get it on a different platform (PS4 or PC), so I want to know how the mobile port stacks up to those versions.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's a point and click adventure (well, the Remastered version is...as mentioned, the original had tank controls), so it controls as you'd imagine it does. It's flawless and feels completely natural on touchscreens. Check out videos of the Vita version if you're having trouble finding ones on iOS.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed. On touchscreen, point n clicks are naturelles. Back in its original release for the PC it was only with the directional buttons which wouldve been odd on the touchscreen, but that would be more suitable if played with a controller.

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! I decided to DL it last night as I know I play games more on my iPhone compared to my Mac and want to support the developers for putting a full version of the game on iOS!

13. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Could anybody please do a video for the iOS version? I never played it and would love to see how the controls and stuff work. Appreciate it :)

14. I can do so, but only on my iPad Air 2, and my recording software doesn't react well with it -- so it will likely have messed up sound. I can do it anyway if you really want to see it.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tap to move and interact. I think you can figure things out if you see the pc version's videos and imagine touch to move and interact in it.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As I mentioned above, just check out videos of the Vita version. It's exactly the same.

17. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #137 Luciano1084, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Bought the game last night.. Played for about about five minutes, closed the app and when my auto save loaded it just took me to a black screen.. Tried to close and open the app and I got the same result.. I had to delete and download this behemoth again lol.. Once I did that I had no issues though ####.. I could already tell this is going to be an awesome experience. The point and click controls work great in my opinion.. Looks fantastic on my retina display also.. Really happy with my purchase.. Just a bit sad this won't stick around on my device once I'm done with it.. A game like this should never be deleted but that file size is beastly..

18. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

The cool thing with adventures is you can play it again in about 5 years when you've forgotten most of the puzzles! Back it up to your computer in case any funny AppStore removal shenanigans go on though!!

19. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    There is no hint system in the game? in case your getting stuck..

20. I made some video. I apologize for the sound issues. That's not the game's fault -- the game runs perfectly smooth. That's my recording software. I guess you can mute it if you just want to see what it plays like.