Universal Grim Fandango Remastered (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, May 5, 2015.

1. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    So basically I can't buy/ play this on iPad 4 ( even though it runs most other newer games at full speed on medium/ high settings still )?

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Maybe it needs a 64 bit processor?

3. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Maybe...
    Too bad anyway, was looking forward to buying and playing it.

4. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Strange to hear, since this game was from the late 90's. Granted it's graphically enhanced, but could have those effects turned off to work on older devices.

5. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    lazy port. hopefully they'll fix it in an update.

6. kalel39

kalel39 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Wish this would run on my iPad Mini 1st gen, I loved this game back in the day! Time to upgrade!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It doesnt support MFi controllers. Would be cool to control him that way though.

8. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Stream version is controller supported. Ios version is not. Very strange...

9. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Thanks.Bummer.I don't get it,in all other versions you can choose how you want to control but not here,once again a dev ignoring a standard that MFI support became.I don't want to tap him through the levels...that's not "real"Grim.It's a remix then,not a remaster...Not sure if i'll get it now.

10. Zaskar

Zaskar Active Member

May 6, 2010
    I'm hoping they release a patch that supports controllers and achievements (As both are supported in the Steam/PS4/Vita versions, so the main work should be done)

It is totally awesome that this is ported here even if they don't though, those features would just be some nice additional polish.

11. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I already sent them a mail about MFI support.I encourage everybody who wants that feature to do the same,the more the better.The power is at your fingertips ;)

[email protected]

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I don't get the desire for MFI support. It's a point and click adventure game. It was originally designed to be played using a mouse and keyboard. Using a touch screen seems like a second best option and a controller dead last. In fact I've always stayed away for point and click adventures games on consoles for this very reason. I agree more options is always better then less options however I'm having a hard time understanding how this is a make or break issue for some people.

13. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #93 Bliquid, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Although i agree it is not a big deal, and surely not reason enough to not buy it (there are no reasons in this world AT ALL to not buy Grim Fandango,btw), you are actually mistaken.
    The original had tanky Resident Evil-like controls as default. They added camera-relative controls only in this remastered version.

14. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Touchy? Please do a video :D

15. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #95 Crabman, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Wrong.The original had no mouse support,only the tanky keyboard control.It was the first adventure that broke up with the typical"point and click"rules.They gave you direct control over your character and that was intentational and to me more immersive.No matter how well (or not) it was implemented.I just want to play this version like it was meant to be,just like all other remastered versions (they cost the same so why do i have to live with the crippled version?).The classic point and click control was - afair - even something that designed somebody else (mod?)and they just put it in now for the first time.I don't care if you get it or not to be honest.You just have to accept the fact that other people (not only me) would like to play it that way.If it's only about the old control scheme...i wouldn't care much but they improved it and i want to play it that way.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Ugh, my memory is bad. Thanks for the reminder. I'm playing Broken Age and it's using point and click controls.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah the original requires pressing up to move forward and left-right to turn.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My download...IS DONE!!! :D

19. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Seems like my only option is go play it on PC.Well, at least I'll play on bigger screen :D

20. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Install size?