Universal Grim Fandango Remastered (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, May 5, 2015.

1. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    In what country do you reside?

2. FuturePlayer

FuturePlayer New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Nice

It's a good game.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Why, Hell of course. It's a little bit on the hotter side this time of year, but you get used to it. :)

Lebanon, actually. :p

4. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    this seems quiet interesting, i have never played this one, but i ve heard some of the gamers said that the puzzles are way too hard to solve in the original , so is it still the same for this remastered one? and how long is the game ? are there any replay value ? thanks ~~

5. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    Grim Fandango gets a launch on iOS at a discounted launch rate. Steam version goes on sale so I hope the vita version is reduced today for a week.

The game is currently being modified on PSN so they may be reducing now. Will probably pick up the vita version as it saves me deleting on my iPad and it has been updated since launch on the vita so hopefully any bugs removed.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #66 metalcasket, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    The game is unchanged from the original. The only differences between the 1998 version and this one are higher resolution textures for the characters, some awesome new dynamic lighting, an updated soundtrack, developer commentary (heh...I'm reciting the app description it seems :p) and touch controls that replace the original's tank controls. The game is exactly how you remember/don't remember it from back in the day. No new hint systems, nothing. The way it bloody should be. Some of the puzzles are hard, yes...but "way to too hard"? I don't think so. I played the game on release when I was 14 and had no issues completing it.

It'll last you a good 12 hours or so and nah...there's not really any replay value. Not that it needs it. The story is one to experience over and over again, like a good movie.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering...yes, I'm extremely biased when it comes to Grim Fandango. This is the GOAT.

7. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    It is 10,49€ on EU store now...I can't decide...do the iOS/Android versions have controller support?

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Wow the size of this game

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well that's me sorted for this week. One of those games I completely missed the first time round for some reason so happy days!

10. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    thanks for the explanation, one more question...is there a toggle to turn on/off the subtitle ? as i really need subtitle for these kinda games ....thanks

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, considering I have hours upon hours to go for the last 600 MB to finish (yes, my connection being my connection :)), I don't quite know if it's the same as the PC version, but yes...there should be "Voice and Text", "Voice Only" and "Text Only" options available.

12. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG

thanks !!!

13. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    There is the option to have voice, text, or both.

14. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    thanjs , does anyone know if it runs perfectly on the iphone6 plus??

15. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Don't think so, recommended specs is iPhone 7 / iPad Air 3 :confused: :confused: :confused:

16. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    iam sorry about the question , i mean the screen ratio

17. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I can't believe i can finally play this again.The PC version is the last PC game i still have in my collection,even if i switched to mac 10 years ago.Does it support MFI controller?

18. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    :D OK sorry too...but you can see on the screenshots the game is made for 4:3

19. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Do you saw german as well?It is one of the few games were the german localization is absolutely stunning.Would miss it badly if i have to play it in english with subs now.

20. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    EWww 4:3