iPad Gridlee: Emulated with MAME4iOS 1.3.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seleuco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Squibblydoo

Squibblydoo New Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Same thing is happening to me. I have ipad 2, no jail break, running iOS 7. Gridleewont open now at all. Exact same scenario.

Any suggestions

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Did you get it from the official AppStore before it was pulled? If you're still having trouble, get the updated version from Cydia.. Only if your jailbreak though.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    works fine here!... do you have the legit & pulled one form the AppStore or it's the github version downloded from the web?

4. Squibblydoo

Squibblydoo New Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Got it from 25pp, worked fine for a week, then stopped opening. When I looked at the app in i-funbox, I noticed it was missing some folders. I had saved the app and copied the relevant folders back into the right places and it worked for a couple of days. But now it won't work at all. Have tried reinstalling, but just won't open.

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1765 Gwarmaxx, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    what is 25pp??? so you don't have the "legit" version!!! try to change the device date, setting it on 2012 then open Gridlee, if it works, close the app and put the date back normally.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Ahh, I see your problem :) very easy fix. All you gotta do is, open 25pp. Then go to the AppStore section. And find a blue rectangle box at the top right of the client. Have your iPad / iPhone plugged in prior. Then click on the blue box... And wait for it to load. It will go white.. When you click on it. Just wait until it goes blue again. Then that is it. It will work again. Same with other apps.

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I have the official app from the appstore and it has worked just fine on ios 7 ipad air 64gb. Only issue I've seen is that the joystick is glitchy with layout 1 in portrait mode. Otherwise everything runs just fine.

8. Squibblydoo

Squibblydoo New Member

Jan 15, 2014
    No, that didn't work. I'll just keep trying.
    Thanks anyway.

9. Squibblydoo

Squibblydoo New Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Thanks Gov,
    Did what you said and it worked a treat. However the next day when I tried to open gridlee it didn't work. Surely I don't have to do this every time to use it!

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    It usually crashes if you reboot your device. Did you power down your iPhone / iPad on the day you got gridlee working? And yes, to get apps working again.. You must repeat the same process.

11. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Can't apple just give us a break and allow us to have this app. It's ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops to be able to play Frogger.

12. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Actually, Frogger is available in the App Store.

13. PHUCK-O

Nov 12, 2009
    I lost Gridlee when upgrading to my new iPhone and tried to get it back using 25pp. That worked fine for a week then stopped working. I still had it on my ipad. So I transferred purchases onto my computer using iTunes. Then I installed the .ipa back on my phone using ifunbox and seems to be working great now.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No way will Apple say 'yeah okay use a MAME game which lets you play 1000's of games for free, that means all the devs with the same games lose out.'

Exactly, when you can buy Frogger on the app store companies dont want you getting some old version for free.

Again its a tricky one, i can see both sides. But look at Dot Emu, pay good money to license old games and then release them, you would be unhappy if you then realised people were playing these games for free on Gridlee.

15. PHUCK-O

Nov 12, 2009
    so happy to have it back on my phone :)

Attached Files:

16. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You need to open the 25pp client and head to the store section.. And hit the blue rectangular box (top right) wait for it to load. Make sure your iPhone is plugged in with gridlee installed.

17. rushmore

rushmore Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Gridlee performance is nothing short of great with the Air. A lot of 3D games that are slow on the iPad 4, Note 3, Note 2014 10.1 and V11 5130 are arcade smooth on the Air. Impressive to the point I wish there was an android version with micro sd slot, micro usb and 1GB more ram for Android OS.

The Air for me was a worthy upgrade from the 4.

18. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

#1778 Gregz0r, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Which 3D games are you using? I need to try my faves(Daytona USA, Virtua Racing & Sega Rally) on my Air.

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Gridlee isn't even optimised for the 64-bit A7 chip, so imagine the performance increase if it was implemented. I do know Seleuco is working on a new build, will try it once released. Let you all know.

20. rushmore

rushmore Active Member

May 31, 2011
    #1780 rushmore, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014

Examples are Dead or Alive, Bloody Roar 2, Street Fighter EX2, Tekken 2 and Techromancer. Not tried Sega games like Daytona on .139. Will try them later.

All of those games play slow on the other noted devices.

Update:

MAME is not optimized for the Sega 16 platform. All of the games play slow even on a fast desktop. The best emulator that plays those games smooth is M2. Look it up :) All of the games and the emulator take up less than 800MB and the whole collection is easy to find. Daytona, Rally, etc are all smooth. Not sure why MAME never adopted and compile this as part of the platform.