iPad Gridlee: Emulated with MAME4iOS 1.3.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seleuco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. steelmm

steelmm New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    gridlee not workinh io7 iphone5s

Hey guys i am new here I cant get gridlee to work with my new iphone 5s device i can install to the system using p25p site but the app asks for a user id and password like if you are downloaing the app from apple.
    Has anyone got a solution to this or where i can get agood working copy of this app to install.

many thanks

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Hook you iPhone into the PP application client as normal. Then when you are in the section that shows you the appstore... look toward the top right of the application, and you will see a blue rectangular box. Click on it once.. let it load.. then it should go back to blue color, then remove your device, and Gridlee should start to work.

3. steelmm

steelmm New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Gridlee working

Many thanks for your help

4. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Seleuco commented on a video of Killer Instinct running on an iPhone 5s through Gridlee on Youtube saying that he will optimise it for 64bit and it should run a whole lot better so I'm guessing it would increase the performance of loads of other titles too, I hope he can pull another Gridlee stunt on the AppStore if and when he does!

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    let me know when it happens before THEY pulled it! ;)

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    That'd be awesome if he uploaded another hidden mame app with 64 bit support! Heck I'd gladly pay for it.

7. Joshsowers

Joshsowers New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thats my video lol. Mame runs very well on the 5s even though it isn't optimized for the x64 architecture. It plays everything at full speed besides the CHD games. I also have the LG G2 and the 5s absolutely smokes it when it comes to performance. As soon as something comes out either Jailbreak or a new Gridlee type app I'll be the first to upload it. Subscribe to my channel.

8. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yes, indeed it is your video! I've just taken delivery of my 5s yesterday and am looking forward to putting the Gridlee app through its paces later today, now if only my iMpulse Controller would ship I'd be a very happy man!

9. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I have an ipad air, for some reason the extra roms keep disappearing from the gridlee app.

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Got Marvel vs. Capcom 2 & Dead or Alive 2 working, but slow/laggy! Never knew MAME 1.3 was capable of running Namco System 246 (Playstation 2) roms.

11. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Tried the original Dead or Alive but the rom isn't showing on the Menu, tell me, do they require anything extra such as a CHD to run or is it a straight rom from the 0.139 collection?

12. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I have doa working too, but slow even on 5s. You need the doa.zip. If you have issues with ROMS not working missing files/CHD, just head over to mamedb and search your ROM and it will show you the whole info of the zips... if you are missing a file from your zip.. just google search the one you're missing and load it into the zip, and you will have a working copy.

13. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your reply, I'll try this and hopefully get a few more games up and running :)

14. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I have all working apart from soul caliber 3. If anyone can get that running... I want to see your dark magic :)

15. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

has anyone gotten mortal kombat 4 working?

16. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
  17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    works on iPhone 5..not iPhone 5s !

I just tried it on my iPhone 5s, and it doesn't work! but it did work on my iPhone 5. I just tried it on my brothers iPhone 5.. and it works! must be a hardware/software issue.

look: [​IMG]

iphone 5: [​IMG]

iphone 5: [​IMG]

landscape: [​IMG]

my iPhone 5s: [​IMG]

18. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Never played MK4, personally for me the series pinnacle was MK2 and went on a downward spiral from that point on till the recent reboot, is it just me or do the graphics on MK4 look like a step backwards?

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    That graphics are imperfect... Not fully working for the emulator, that's why it looks horrible. The Dreamcast version of MK4 was named MK: Gold. That was the best version (better roster & smoother graphics character polygons. If you ever played that... You'd not say it went downhill. It was really good.

20. rushmore

rushmore Active Member

May 31, 2011
    The Asus T100 tablet appears to be the Air's CPU match a far as MAME. Plays just a well. Even NullDC plays smooth on it. Ten hour battery life, Halo 1 and Unreal Tournament both play smooth at 1366X768 and ditto for Burnout Racing and others.

I only post this since gamers post here. Of course different OS, but T100 plays the newest MAME 151 set. Not apples to apples, but same great battery life and a good portable gaming device. Still prefer the iPad for lugging around and of course the display.