iPad Gridlee: Emulated with MAME4iOS 1.3.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seleuco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. oldvictor

oldvictor Active Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Hi All,

Nice to see this back and updated.

Quick question, how did you bring up the specific configuration for each individual game in terms of on screen buttons and video mode etc ?

I remember before you could customize the shown buttons on a game by game basis when in full screen landscape mode.

Thanks.

2. McCarron

McCarron Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Lead iPhone Developer @ Stand Alone, Inc.
    Chicagoland, IL USA
    Thanks to Seleuco for posting this, hope it sticks around because it is actually legit despite that users can alter and install more ROMs.

I had great luck with the Mortal Kombat series, through Ultimate 3, all work great at almost a constant 100% on my A6 devices. My A5 devices struggle a bit around 65-75% but is helped by the Speed Hacks in the MAME in-game menu (START+COIN).

It also works great with my iOS arcade cabinet setup.

[​IMG]

Now to get Apple to fix the VGA out on Lightning connector devices.

3. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Hey guys. I downloaded the game and don't have a clue what to do next. Can anyone pm me whats needed to get these games going. It WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Fast

4. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Yeah. I have 0 idea on how to set this up. I put some roms I downloaded into the rom folder section but everytime I try to play one of the roms on my phone, it says it's missing one or more required rom or chd images..

Help.. :(

5. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    Can get to the title screens of the playchoice 10 games, but can't get past that. Can anyone please pm or explain how to get these classic games going on my 4s?

6. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    iMAME4All was based on an older version of MAME engine that is less CPU intensive. That is why it's better on older iDevices. MAME4iOS has a larger game library, but needs faster hardware.

7. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Thank you so much for this!!!

8. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I figured I'd bump this quote as this explains it for all those asking. You simply download a free program on your computer called ifunbox, then put the zipped mame roms (find these yourself it is really easy) into the folder gus posted. And you touch coin + start at the same time to bring up the menu (though I still can't seem to get this part working).

and just search for a demo on how to back up the .ipa file so you can restore this on any of your unbroken idevices in the future. This really is an awesome release.

9. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Even simple Galaga won't work, says there is a rom image missing. How do I solve this?

10. ichunes

ichunes Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Wiimote?

Does wiimote work with this?

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey pal, are you playing playchoice games or just watchin' the demo in the main screen? 'cause i've tried to change the START settings in the internal game menu, but it's not working!!! what have you changed there??? :confused:

thanks!

12. Teremei

Aug 14, 2011
    The only thing I need to know now is where to put the bios. And is there a bios needed to run tower of doom? I'm almost there but not quite.

13. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Where do you put the bios to run Playchoice 10 games, and how can I get past the title screens on them? when I press coin, it just goes black.

14. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    guess playchoice doesn't work properly, i have the same problem.
    Dahak seems to have the solution to change the Start button inside the internal game menu... but i have my doubts :rolleyes:

15. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    just downloaded it but now, what may i do? i mean, can someone link me to some website that explains it all, how to get roms, how to install them and well.. the usual stuff? or can just explain it to me by him/herself? id totally appreciate it, thanks in advance!

16. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    bios are only to emulate other machines, like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc... Tower of Doom is an arcade game, so you need just to put the rom into roms folder... et voilá!

17. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Hey I've been creepily ghosting on TA forums for ages sniffing around the icade and emulator stuff trying to get info. Stoked I picked Gridlee up as I missed Imame.

I've loaded quite a few roms onto the roms file but have had no success in booting up the ####ers. I get the usual missing files error. Can someone PM me where I'm going wrong.

18. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Ok, but in what folder in ifunbox do I put the bios?

19. Teremei

Aug 14, 2011
    I see thanks for the clarification. I just can't seem to get tower of doom or shinobi to work and I've tried about 3 different versions of each.

20. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Seriously, if you hadn't volunteered a helpful site (unsolicited but helpful none the less), I'd just tell you to shove it after that comment.

The key thing you may be getting wrong is that it is the Enter button you need to map, the Start button should already be mapped correctly for PC10 games (and all MAME titles).