iPad Gridlee: Emulated with MAME4iOS 1.3.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seleuco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. raskinny

raskinny Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Does this play anything differenent than imame that came out a while back. I still have it just want to know is it same or much different thanks

2. riki2cool

riki2cool Member

Dec 26, 2012
    I wish there was a PSX emulator functioning in the same way as this.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, both D&D, Op Wolf & Op Thunderbolt, GI Joe, Alien vs Predator and many more doesn't work on the old iMAME4All 'cause load only 0.37b5 roms.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I don't trust the people behind iFunbox. The website is a mangled mess; there is no obvious way the developers are making money off of it, yet it isn't open source or public domain (you can't download the source for iExplorer either, but it's made by a software company...I know nothing about the iFunbox team except that they're Chinese); most importantly it connects to a server.

Compare iFunbox with this program. The description for Gridlee links to the source code repository at Github. IFunbox...scouring the internet provides me no information about it, nor why the coders made it.

5. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    So will the free version of iexplorer still work? I have an older version of iexlorer that I used to install roms on the previous imame app. Will that version work with this new app or do I need the free version of iexplorer 3 from the website

6. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    How do u bring up the options menu in the app? I havent downloaded roms yet and i ws trying to figure it out within the gridlee game with no luck.

I was told that you should hold in the start and coin buttons or something? Also, from the options menu is it possible to add more buttons as opposed to what is displayed for the gridlee game?

7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Sh*te - I used to use iExplorer but I wiped it from my computer by mistake a few month's ago. Might try the other one mentioned above. I suppose I should've really known never to trust anything with the word fun in it.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yup, there's emulators for just about every system available.

9. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Once you add another rom in the rom folder it all comes up.

10. sdefranco1

sdefranco1 Member

Dec 31, 2012
    How are you guys loading other ROMS? I have many I would like to play on my iPhone.

11. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Seriously, TA, cover story? :rolleyes:

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Anyone wants to pm me, it's much appreciated. It's been a while since I did any of this :rolleyes:

13. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yeh, that's that then...but who were we kidding.

I'm having some problems with the service menus, specifically in Metal Slug. I have got into them once or twice but most times it bails out to a grid and just says "done" :confused:

I am trying to switch blood on, this is done in soft dips in the service menu. I have managed it on a few of em but it takes multiple attempts to get into the service menu unfortunately.

14. devensega

Feb 28, 2011
    @oooooomonkey try this mate, it set me up a treat. Big thanks to gus1.

15. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Missed iMAME, but grabbed this one. It's fantastic! A lot of games run perfectly but I did get a lot of "the selected game is missing one or more ROM or CHD images" error. I'm guessing this could be solved with a newer version of the ROM, or am I doing something wrong ?

16. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    What device are you running that 3rd Strike on? I have 2nd Impact running on iTouch 4gen with iFBA, and it runs pretty slow even with the settings adjusted..

17. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    iExplorer, iFunbox or iToolkit on your PC or Mac.

18. sharpener

sharpener Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Musician
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    does anyone know how to fix the lag like gameplay? And is there a way to get JoJo Bizzarre Adventure?

19. devensega

Feb 28, 2011
    You often have to dump all the roms for that particular game in. By that I mean different regions/versions etc.

20. webman2k

webman2k Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    And angels sang...