iPad GridBuster - Can YOU Bust the Grid?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Stevenup7002, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Stevenup7002

Stevenup7002 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    #1 Stevenup7002, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    NOTICE: We are giving away free promotional codes to any experienced reviewers that want to review GridBuster. Please PM me with samples of your reviews and I will send you a code.

----------------------------

"It's challengingly different."
    -Daz4590.co.uk

Name: GridBuster
    Developer: Motron Software
    Price: $0.99
    Promotional Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRB-1ZGg0Sc
    Description: GridBuster is a casual puzzle game. The object of the game is to guide a ball from the top left corner of the grid to the goal in the bottom right corner of the grid, however, the path is blocked by an array of tiles. You begin with a certain amount of energy (Which varies depending on the difficulty level). You need to make a path through these tiles in order to pass the board, however, each tile takes energy, and some tiles take more energy than others, so you need to choose your path carefully, because if you run out of energy, you fail the board.

There are 3 kinds of tiles in the game, one that takes 50 energy, one that takes 100, and one that takes 150. It is a good idea to avoid the 150s you come across, in favour of a cheaper path. But sometimes, you may notice that it is cheaper to travel through the more expensive tiles than to travel around them. And on top of all that, there is a time limit, which can vary depending on the difficulty level.

Still confused? I have a gameplay video up on youtube for the old PC version. The annonations on the video explain the game much better than a giant block of text.

Here is the video: YouTube - GridBuster Gameplay

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

GridBuster can be purchased here for $0.99: http://linktoapp.com/gridbuster

Please give me honest, constructive feedback as to what you think of the game. If you would like to see anything added to the game in a future update, please let me know.

Peace,
    -Steven O'Brien,
    Motron Software

2. that video is just... yeah

3. Stevenup7002

Stevenup7002 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I'm assuming that you don't like it? ;)

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I like the clock-style graphics and the bold colors that look lit up.

Gives a nice sense of style, sort of retro.

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Looks ok. I don't see me buying this, but I'll think about it. Spent a bit too much recently.. :rolleyes:

6. Stevenup7002

Stevenup7002 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks, I believe I had the Laser Hockey game from Wii Play in mind when I was designing the graphics.

7. VoidCog

VoidCog Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I like the look of this. Does it have high scores, stats, or achievements? For whatever reason, I feel like my gaming time is "worthless" if I don't have some way to record and reflect upon past plays.

8. Stevenup7002

Stevenup7002 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    An online leaderboard will be available with the next update, which should be released next week. I will also consider an achievements system.

9. RogerWilcko

RogerWilcko New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    looks good, i might buy this one :D

10. Stevenup7002

Stevenup7002 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Awesome, if you do, please tell me what you think of it. ;)

11. RogerWilcko

RogerWilcko New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    i just got the game and i have to say, its really fun and addictive. i reccomend it highly :D, only thing is that there should be more game options and a high score sytem or something. overall, i give it 4/5 :D

12. Stevenup7002

Stevenup7002 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks Roger, I'm glad you enjoyed the game, and as I said earlier, a leaderboard will be coming with the next update. :D