Grid autosport coming to iOS - Feral Interactive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by stelph, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks for the update Ellie. Cannot wait to see how this is looking

2. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011

I hope the game support the ipod touch 6g. I think is enough time ;)

3. fr33z33

fr33z33 Member

May 22, 2012
    Supporting the request for an Apple TV version! The way I see it, many ATV owners would gladly purchase even if the game is not universal and more expensive.

4. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Agree, I don't currently have an AppleTV but am looking into getting one and it would be excellent if there were an ATC version of the game.

On ATV it would obviously also need MFI controller support and automatic iCloud sync so you can play the game when out and about on iPhone and then when your at home quickly pick up where you left off on the AppleTV

5. ellie_feral

ellie_feral Well-Known Member

6. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Btw don't know if this was asked-will this game ever come to Android?
    I do have an Ipad but to be honest do much more gaming on my smartphone which has android 7.0,so I am wondering what the possibility of this game coming to android will be.

7. ellie_feral

ellie_feral Well-Known Member

Yes, we can bring GRID Autosport to Android for ya.

8. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I said as much on twitter, but again it looks absolutely amazing, especially for Alpha footage. Will be interesting to see how well it scales down to slower devices but given how well total:war scales I am sure it will still look very good. Really looking forward to getting it!

9. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Universal would be preferable... I never end up buying two versions of a game when it's not universal.

10. 4004

4004 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Belarus
    Uhm, the trailer looks underwhelming. I get that this is an alpha, but I was hoping for a port, and this looks like a mobile remake, with low-poly models and terrible textures. Something Gameloft would've made couple years ago. Obviously no one is developing AAA for iOS, but what's the point of all those multi-core GPUs if what we get is mostly fidget spinners and endless puzzles, with occasional PC port

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks for the footage Ellie.. this is going to be amazing once it lands. Cannot wait. I have very fond memories of playing both GRID games on my PlayStation. It will be fantastic to relive those on my iPad.

12. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Same, I actually missed GRD: Autosport for some reason but now pleased I did as this will all be new for me, I really enjoyed the earlier TOCA games and most reviews say Autosport was able to add back into the GRID franchise a lot of the things that made TOCA great (like a career narrative, rivals etc)

13. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Will GRID also feature rumble support? It would be excellent if the iPhone 7 was able to use the haptic rumble, and older phones use the phones rumble feature as an option (to save battery if you're not interested) - a lack of rumble is the number 1 thing I tend to miss with mobile gaming over console gaming

14. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Rumble would be pretty awesome!

I'd still pick Apple TV support above it in priority though ;)

15. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    How about we just agree to ask for both :)

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Premium or Freeium?

Anyway, this makes it very hard to shell out $$$ for other new racing games between now and Autumn.

Hope so, since F1 2016 is ATV Universal, I have some confident in this department.

17. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    "Buy once, race forever" - Feral are definitely my favorite dev for iOS since they really are at the forfront of premium gaming and porting AAA games to iOS, check out the Total war games on iOS for example - really well ported and a good premium price

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/03/ignite-your-high-speed-career-with-grid-autosport-for-ios/

18. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Serious iOS gaming has been dead for many years and yes there's really no need for the gpus apple puts in iPhones and iPads these days. Hell I game, or used to game since nothing is being released nowadays, on a iPad air2 and there's nothing pushing the device to its limits. Maybe the shadowgun and oceanhorn 2 .

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    "I don't game anymore because there are no good games being released, and yet HERE I AM hanging out on a mobile gaming site."

Makes sense.

20. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I have posted, what 1-2 posts in the last year or so. Still waiting for a surprise game here and there, which unfortunately doesn't seem to come.