Grid autosport coming to iOS - Feral Interactive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by stelph, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellie_feral

ellie_feral Well-Known Member

Hah, sounds like a plan!

2. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I have unfortunately not such plan.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I am lucky that my wife is supplied an iPad for her work (I'm hoping that I can use it intermittently to do some racing), otherwise I would be in tears.

4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Looking forward to this. I repeatedly spin up the free to play racers hoping that somehow the experience changed and they wouldn't still be infected with all sorts of IAP. Shame it still sounds like it is quite a bit off in Spring instead of just around the corner in Spring :)

Any iOS screenshots yet??

5. ellie_feral

We wanted to share the news about GRID Autosport sooner rather than later, which means a little wait. Not too long though!

I'll have a peek around and see if we can get some screenshots for you soon.

6. Risingsun

Risingsun Member

Nov 2, 2009
    One more vote for Apple TV support. Love that Apple finally made the changes necessary to tvOS to get a game like this on the Apple TV.

7. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    This is fantastic news. We will finally get a good racing game for the iPad. Can't wait.

8. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Can we please please please please please please please please please please have some proper touch control options. I haven't found anything better then auto accelerate and touch the middle of the screen to brake, touch the left part of the screen to turn left and right part to turn right. just like in Real Racing 3 and Asphalt 8. I hate those little steering wheels and don't use the accelerometer.

9. ellie_feral

Heck yes.

10. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I really enjoy formula 1 2016 controls, and is codemaster like grid right?

11. ellie_feral

Indeed, but we didn't do F1 2016 on iOS. We'll certainly take note of your preferences, though! What do you like most about the controls for F1 2016?

12. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I don't like the tilt steer in racing gamesT. In F1 2016 the touch slide is fantastic, also because you can adjust the sensitivity so you don't have to slide to much the finger on the screen if you need to do a curve.

I hope that the ia will be better in grid than in F1 2016 (my only complain to exient)

13. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    While I respect that what works for one, might not work for others, I am still hoping for decent controls that also utilize use of the accelerometer. While I plan on finally buying a gaming controller this year, racing games and the accelerometer, helped show that iOS can be a great gaming platform. Be a shame for the first REAL racing game for iOS to ignore what made racing games so good on iOS. Just my two cents. Can't wait for release.

Will this game need beta testers? I would LOVE to beta test for you guys!

14. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Of course, it's only my opinion, I hate play racing games with the accelerometer because usually is not very precise and also it's kind of weird when you play outside. I think that the developers will include both solutions #

15. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Sorry if I came off as picking on you. I've seen a few posts stating the desire for a less accelerometer control, so I figured I'd chime in. I'm sure we'll get settings, that will let gamers use the controls that work best for them. I'm just overly excited for this game.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm a tilt steerer, For me the touch just doesn't work.. tilting is like using a steering wheel. For me anyway, it's much more natural. So pumped for this game!

17. Digital_Guy

Digital_Guy Member

May 31, 2013
    #57 Digital_Guy, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Re: Grid autosport coming to iOS - Feral Interactive

Would like to see, in G.A., as well as all racing titles:

1) Replay, with moveable camera & variable timing;
    2) Weather elements;
    3) Time of day (morning, afternoon, evening (dusk), night)

Elements 2 & 3 should be interchangeable independently of each other.

The only title that has come close to this that I know of is Gameloft's 2010 'GT Racing - Motor Academy' (had elements 1 & 2, but not 3). EA's / Chillingo's 2016 'Go Rally' has elements 2 & 3, but not 1. Would love to see all 3 combinations possible for the best experience in Grid Autosport!

18. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    One question - will this game be a straight port or will there be some tweaks to the game at all to fix some of the downsides that the original had?

For example one issue that was pointed out with the original was that there was a good tire wear model and punctures coded into the game, but no pit stops - meaning that during a race if you got a puncture then there wasn't the option of carrying on to make it to the pits, instead you just reset - equally the endurance races lost a strategy aspect - if you added pit stops into the game that would be a big plus

19. ellie_feral

Thanks for your thoughts on touch controls, folks. I don't know if we can please everyone, to be honest...! But we're listening.

@luckycharmz75 If you're wondering about Beta testing, that's a question for our support team. Please email them at: [email protected]

@stelph We might tweak the game a little, but we can't add major functionality like pitstops. Those endurance races can be pretty suspenseful, eh?

In other news, a few people of you have expressed an interest in a sneak peek at how the game is coming along. So we grabbed a camera, crept into the iOS design department, and tweeted the result: https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/847479768068964353

20. NIKEL

NIKEL Active Member

Oct 23, 2012
    RSA Engineer
    There are no reflections on car? :eek:

Hope more screenshots to come soon :)

As racing fan i will accept everything since its framerate is not as choppy as in f1 2016 (iphone version) and it have affordable controls.