Grid autosport coming to iOS - Feral Interactive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by stelph, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I can't wait for this!

Will the demolition derby DLC be part of the game?

Does Autosport have any 'crappy' car category? Like a fiesta or a fiat 500 or something similar? :)

So happy about MFi support... will it support Apple TV too??

2. ellie_feral

ellie_feral Well-Known Member

Loving all this enthusiasm; we feel ya!

To confirm, all the single-player content of the desktop version, including DLC, will be in the iOS version.

System requirements aren't yet available. While we don't have anything to announce about Apple TV, we're happy to look into this for you and see what's possible in future.

3. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Learned about the lack of multiplayer on Twitter this morning. Only disappointing thing about this release. Hope you guys decide to include it in the future. With the single player and multiplayer both included, there world be ZERO reason to ever play Real Racing 3 again. In fact I'll probably delete it. Hoping that the original "coming this spring" means real soon.

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Will this support gen 6 iPod? Please say yes.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    wait please tell me this is the real deal. ill be soooo happy to play my all time favourite racing game on my iphone. grid and dirt is all i need for my racing needs.

6. ellie_feral

iPod? Nope! iPad and iPhone. We'll let you know when we have a list of device requirements for ya.

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #27 GPS, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    No!!! Really... not a latest gen iPod? I'm gutted. F1 2016 plays brilliantly on my iPod....
    If that's really the case then I'm not going to be able to play this... Sad

8. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I play although with a iPod Touch 6.

Real Racing 3 runs very smooth.

Why is it not possible to play Grid?

9. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I just found out a bubble burster for some.

On their Twitter page, feral interactive stated that there will be no multiplayer for this game. They are looking into it, but again, there will be no multiplayer at all. They are polishing the single player experience. I'm OK with that, because I know how Smart the AI is. But for the ones that feel that multiplayer is everything, this will burst your bubble.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #30 GPS, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Apparently only iPhone and iPad, no iPod support. Cannot begin to describe my disappointment.
    Your right, Real racing 3, Rush Rally 2, F1 2016, Assoluto Racing all run as smooth as butter.. I really would have thought 6th generation iPod would be ok. Damn

11. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Gameplay trailer anytime soon?

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i second this. pleaseee?

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    if this is fully premium and half as good as its PC version in graphics, physics, controls and customisation, it's going to obliterate every racer on the appstore, and we can say goodbye to the EAs and Gamelofts for good!

14. rncry

rncry Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Apple TV support would be amazing.. I can't wait to delete RR3!!

15. rncry

rncry Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Amen

16. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I hope you mean the real 'iPod' and the game is running on iPod Touch 6th gen.

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    My understanding is no iPods at all...
    :(

18. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    With the lack of supported devices and a game trailer, leads me to believe we could be months away from actual release. There is no reason a latest gen iPod touch shouldn't be supported. I think we'll be closer to May before we start getting some hard details. Which is unfortunate. I was hoping for a sooner release. I am more excited about this release, then any other in recent history.

19. ellie_feral

#39 ellie_feral, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    It's early days so we don't have a gameplay trailer yet. We would've waited for one to let you know about GRID Autosport, but... we were excited to share the news with ya. :)

GRID Autosport won't run on iPod. For one thing, the latest iPod Touch has 1GB of system memory, which isn't enough for this game. But we hear your requests, so will absolutely do our best to see what is and isn't possible.

20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks Ellie, I'm hopeful of a way for this to make it to IPod, but I'm also hoping I'll be able to commandeer my wife's iPad Pro for some GRID time #