Universal GRID Autosport (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 24, 2017.

1. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Game looks amazing!!!

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    can someone point me where to get the okutama sprint(mizu mountain) track. coz i cant seem to find it anywhere.

3. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

My guess is @darrinsden meant something like "control settings", not a physical controller...

As for controller settings, I'd say use the "tap to turn" control and enable all assists. Then, little by little, do as you said you would, lowering assist level as you get better at it, until you find the most suitable scheme for you.

@speedcat_feral , comparison sliders show a huge visual improvement! Too bad I won't be able to download the update anytime soon... do you know how much data does this update require downloading? Also, were you able to test/improve heating issues?

Great job, thanks for the update!

4. speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral Active Member

May 9, 2018
    Wow, so much love! Thanks for the support, folks - we really appreciate it. Now brace yourselves for a wall of replies…

Thanks for the kind words all.

@sebgo has the right idea – from the Main Menu, select Options & Extras and set the Difficulty to Rookie. Then select Options > Controls > Arrow Touch to use the Arrow Touch control method. These settings might help you get started.

You need to download the Sprint Pack first – open the Settings app from your Home screen, then navigate to GRID™ Autosport. Under 'GRID™ AUTOSPORT SETTINGS', select Extra Content, then Extra Championships. Make sure that the Sprint Pack is enabled, then relaunch the game. Once the Sprint Pack has been downloaded, there'll be some Okutama Sprint events in Extra Championships mode, and the track will be available for Sprint events in Quick Race and Custom Cup modes. Let me know if that helps!

redribbon and Luxor1968 like this.
  5. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Blown away by how good this update is! Wow! Just did a quick race and the Graphics are noticeably better and it's certainly a lot smoother in FPS!

So good! Amazed by what Feral has accomplished here in the Mobile World!

Wishlist:

1. Wish we could change views in Replay Mode.
    2. Also wish it had Photo Mode so we can grab so some sweet shots!

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    no wonder i can't find it, this is new for me because on the first beta, the track is available automatically. just wanna drop a bunch of thanks for this update. you're not obliged to do this for us, instead you delivered the most wanted update ever. best racing game on mobile! period

7. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey Feral,

Just got my iPad Pro 11. AHHHHHH those horrible horrible borders, any chance of a quick fix? Should look stunning, but nooooooooo!!

8. StraightlineBoy

Nov 10, 2012
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I’m gonna disagree with the previous post. The borders are a thing, but I barely notice them because I’m so focussed on the game graphics which are stunning on the 11 inch iPad Pro.

I bought GRID when it launched and had a 9.7 iPad Pro and was really quite disappointed. The frame rate was quite bad and it spoiled the game for me. It ran smoothly on my phone but I don’t want play games like GRID squinting at my phone. I uninstalled the game and haven’t touched it in ages.

I got an 11 inch iPad Pro on launch day and wanted something to test out the new hardware... and it flies! Super smooth and looks stunning. I’m actually a bit blown away by how good it looks. So a fix for the borders would be the icing on the cake but even without that, if you got a new iPad Pro then fire up GRID to see what your new toy can do!

9. speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral Active Member

May 9, 2018
    Thanks for the support both, means a lot. :)

It is possible to change views in replays, but only on the iPad version. If we add that to iPhone in a future update, we'll let you know. There aren't any plans for a full-on photo mode right now, but never say never!

We're working on a patch which we'll release as soon as we can.

Thanks, glad we're doing the new hardware justice! As above, the icing of the cake is on its way.

Quoad and Son of Anarchy like this.
  10. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015

Great, work, massively appreciated!

11. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, I may be right... I HOPE I'M RIGHT!

I finally managed to get my hands on the updated version (as well as its corresponding updated texture packs) last night and gave it a go and I noticed the device heating was reduced drastically! I'll do some more testing on this aspect later tonight to confirm my thoughts. This is awesome because I won't have to worry about my device getting too hot (it used to get really hot, like, the screen would automatically dim an awful lot even with brightness manually set to highest, probably to avoid something getting burnt or explode in my hands).

And about new graphics... I'm puking rainbows out of joy, just by comparing the already gorgeous visuals to its current state. Also, I think it now loads slightly faster than before and I noticed the texture packs now appear under the storage settings info (with 1.2.3 they were identified as part of "others", instead of documents & data belonging to GRID.

Amazing work, Feral. Hope next update arrives when I have the chance to download this game faster. xD

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  12. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Took 90 races before I discovered that the setting “force touch to accelerate” was turned on. Was having a lot of trouble reaching top speed and I’ve spent hours wondering why the car can’t seem to accelerate beyond a certain speed at random times.

I am by no means an expert on racing sims so I had all the assists turned on, driving line, auto brake, played on the lowest difficulty etc and even then I was having lots of trouble consistently winning races. Finally decided to poke around in the settings and viola Force touch was on.

Secondly is it normal for the teammate to always finish 14th or something? I’ve won every race so far (after many restarts naturally) but my teammate always drags me down and we’ve always finished second in the constructors standings.

13. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Next update hit faster than expected, although I can pass on this one since it's meant for iPad Pro 3 owners.

Good thing it was only 90 races! Haha

My guess is your teammate plays at the same level you set AI difficulty, so rookie AI means a noob teammate. I may be wrong, tho. I've only played 15 races.

TicTac likes this.
  14. Luxor1968

Luxor1968 Member

Sep 27, 2017
    #454 Luxor1968, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Ok Feral, you guys are not giving your selves the credit you deserve in the update faq. First of all I am seeing real time reflections on an iPhone 8+, faq says XS/XS Max. Second, the cars all have unique numbers when racing, totally new, again, never mentioned in faq. Third, my device is defiantly running cooler now.
    Once again you have outdone it. Thank you!!!

sebgo likes this.
  15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#455 sebgo, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    @TicTac I forgot to update my post yesterday. Turns out you can control your teammate's behaviour with a swipe to the left or right on the lower left corner where teammate's position and "attitude" are displayed.

Initially, your teammate will have a balanced behaviour, but you can change this and it will definitely affect your team's results. I tested it and it made my team guy finish races in at least 4th position, compared to a poor 10th place that greatly affected my team score. Went from being always 2nd in the team list straight to the top. You made me realize this aspect I had overseen, thanks!

Yup! Loading times have been reduced, too. Device (iPhone 8 minus, not a plus) doesn't get as hot as it used to, plus all of the visual improvement. ♡

Playing it now feels way better than in the previous version, to the point the [reduced] time
    I've spent playing it has been mostly in version 1.2.4, since getting my phone hot in a place like this (with tropical humid weather) feels terrible, so I kinda used to avoid it (1.2.3 was the version I got when I purchased it). Now, I play at least one season (for like about one hour?) everytime I boot it!

Luxor1968 and TicTac like this.
  16. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #456 TicTac, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Wow I’ve played for so long and hadn’t noticed that, will definitely check that out later!

Update: it worked! Teammate finished 4th and we’re now top of the charts by 17 points after 3 races.

Luxor1968 likes this.
  17. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Any news for further update?? I am wondering what will be included in the next update ;)

sebgo likes this.
  18. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Minor bug fixes.

xD

19. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    #460 AlexJeong, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    As feral sent me an msg that quote about the editing would be dangerous for many people who doesnt know what they are doing. Hence, i am editing my posts...

bx59 likes this.