Universal GRID Autosport (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 24, 2017.

1. edddeduck_feral

edddeduck_feral Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Yes, it runs in native resolution on the iPhone X.

2. Code666

Code666 New Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Why can’t we just get the option to lower the resolution to 720p on the iPhone 6s Plus ?? That way we can play it without it looking that bad. Or maybe even lower it to the resolution on the iPhone SE?

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Just played it with even the HD textures on my iPhone 6S Plus and runs just fine. Smooth with no framerate drops that I have noticed during gameplay (maybe a tad during cutscenes, which is odd). Quite happy so far!

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Bought it for 6s plus downloaded all content including the HD textures
    Upon playing I got a message saying my device is not supported kind of worried me a little when that popped up but it’s playing fine for me haven’t had any issues
    I’m sure when I update to an 8 soon it will look even better but no complaints... this game is very good!

5. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    They should probably make it clearer the distinction between basic compatibility and fully supported. Based on excellent experience with their Mac games, Feral has pretty high standards when they claim full support for a device basically requiring reasonable resolution, reasonable settings, and consistent frame rate. So a fully supported device doesn't just run the game, but runs it well and they'll commit to ongoing support for it. Other slower devices may be compatible and run the game, perhaps with a reduced experience that may still be acceptable for some, but they just don't make any guarantees.

Personally, my primary iOS gaming device is an iPad Air 2 so I'm disappointed I can't even try it on it, but that's understandable given the large difference in feature set between GPUFamily2 (A8/A8X) and GPUFamily3 (A9/A9X) even though the raw performance difference between an A8X and A9 may not be huge.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    is there any chance for a 6s plus youtube video from anyone who bought it? what if it runs ok on the starter cars and when you get the hypercars like agera etc it loses the sense of speed? The 7 is only marginally faster than the 6s, so maybe the high level is where their difference shows?

7. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #67 mzinn, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Ugh. Went to drop $10 on this awesome game & it doesn’t support iPad Air 2. So disappointed. This may be the first game I couldn’t download on my device. Really don’t want to play on my iPhone X.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    How do you download the extra content if you passed on it the first time? Can’t seem to find an option for it in any of the menus.

9. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Works perfectly on my 6s Plus. I was frankly amazed. I expected to have to deal with long loading times or the occasional crash or lag, but I have had zero issues. It plays like it was optimized for the 6s Plus. I haven’t even been using it in battery saver mode. Full tilt racing, no issues.

10. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    instabuy!

Major pet peeve though, the app name displays as GRID™Autosp... -- ugly! Just call it GRID™Auto so it fits without dots?

11. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    #71 edddeduck_feral, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    There is an FAQ in the Support menu option that covers this and some other topics.

How do I download GRID Autosport's DLC packs?

When you first launch GRID Autosport, you will receive a prompt to download the game’s free DLC and HD texture packs. You can choose to download individual packs, or opt to download everything at once.

If you dismiss this message, or do not download all of the DLC at first launch, you can download DLC packs at any time by following the steps below:

1. If it is running, exit GRID Autosport.
    2. From your home screen, open the Settings app.
    3. Select GRID Autosport from the list of apps.
    4. Select Extra Content. The Extra Content menu will appear.
    5. Enable the DLC packs you wish to download. When you are finished, close the Settings app.
    6. Open GRID Autosport. After the loading screens, the Title screen will appear. Select Start.
    7. The Checking Content message will appear, followed by the Extra Content download prompt. Tap on each available pack to download it. The downloaded content will now be available in GRID Autosport.

For more information on what is included in each pack, please read What DLC is available for GRID Autosport on iOS?.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Anyone else having issues with the side arrows as controls ? Just doesn’t seem too responsive. Let me know what you think

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Using wheel controls is there any way to lock it in place? It moves based on where I am touching
    Getting used to it
    There are a ton of settings so messing with those can get your controls how you want as far as sensitivity etc very good in that respect

14. Admiral Bison

Admiral Bison Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Snapped it up the moment it appeared on the App Store and downloading now..

This is an example of the potential of mobile, and frankly I would have paid more knowing I am getting a full console game and the sales would support and encourage more devs to go the paid route first, and would be happy to get dlc, cosmetics and expansions afterwards.

a very fair relationship between gamers and devs.

15. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I don’t see side arrows control all I got is tilt and a steering wheel and their both not working for me, wish it had side arrows to control left and right steering though, deleted the game because of the bad steering too bad.

16. Silver Light Storm

Mar 3, 2014
    It plays pretty smooth on my IPhone SE!

17. edddeduck_feral

Nov 10, 2016
    No, the game sets your finger to the centre of the wheel when you touch the screen. This allows you to lift and replace your finger and not have to check if you're in the right place. Once you get used to it, you should be able to get faster lap times however we have noted your request for a locked wheel instead and we'll put it in the suggestion box for future updates.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Talk about not giving it enough time ! There’s an option for left/right arrows One of the last ones before advanced controls

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Oh sorry downloading again, the game looks great by the way, now see if I can find those arrows ha ha.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not on devices that don't have force touch.