Universal GRID Autosport (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 24, 2017.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Is there a way to actually pick up a teammate or am I stuck with assigned one? In each season the dude’s in last position. No points. He usually crashes during each race. Or does it get better eventually when I climb higher?

2. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Hey unfortunately it’s unavailable for GRID™ Autosport currently. We can pick up and contract own teammate in GRID 2019.
    Meanwhile teammate isn’t that important to get win and team positions.
    But whether teammate is getting higher position or not is depending on lucks.

3. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @speedcat_feral I've just read on the newsletter that beta for multiplayer is coming in November... There is an application form for Android, but what about iOS? ;) Waiting for years now, this is going to be massive.

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 and MASSIVE it is! I’m having a blast testing multiplayer. You should definitely join. Here’s an article on TouchArcade how to. Looking forward to race against you.;) Just keep in mind this is separate app, so while original Grid Autosport takes approximately 6GB (with every DLC and add-on installed), this is additional 4GB. But who cares, right?:)

5. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I am already in man! It is indeed massive! Very smooth games, straightforward lobby, I mean I'd be very upsed if this feature won't make it to the retail build, it's just perfect.

What's not so perfect is dirty racers for sure, but hey, it's inevitable I guess. I am playing w no assists, and I easily spin-out when someone tries to overtake me by violating my racing line, but I intend to keep it clean and will learn how to "defence". Ever since I turned off my assists, I started watching this guy's videos. Highly highly highly recommended!

Are you using same nickname there too? Mine is bx59!

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It’s clearly stated in the TestFlight description that this a feasibility test and there are no current plans to enable multiplayer in the retail version. Although if this is gonna be a standalone app with F2P model to assure it attracts enough players, I’d be disappointed. You already earn money and xp after all. If it’s added in the future into the retail version of Grid Autosport, it may suffer from lower player base. It’s $9.99 app and it can’t compete with any F2P game no matter how great it is. We’ll see I guess.

Why, of course! I’ll be vigilant to check out other players‘ names in the lobby regularly. Although, I’m playing with touch controls only, so I hope you won’t label me as a dirty player if I accidentally push you out of your racing line.;) Btw, I hope they’ll add some friend system soon. From social point of view it’s a must.

7. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah, I was mentioning that specific description. Yet adding multiplayer to the release version was always the plan we heard from them, and it just changed with this beta description, but I still think it's just a way to stop "when it is coming?!?!?" questions from us. I don't think there will be a standalone app for it (not that I wouldn't purchase in a heartbeat), and F2P is definitely not an option for them imho. This is Feral, and it's GRID. This is almost a prestige title now for mobile, and they won't be ruining it. They're not Bethesda after all lol.

But hear it from themselves ;) https://mobile.twitter.com/feralgames/status/1245288289168429057

You may remember this, I don't think they have low player base at all, and I believe they may attract more people with multiplayer
    update! https://toucharcade.com/2018/07/26/grid-autosport-100k-sales/

And you know, demand for multiplayer is here since.. https://mobile.twitter.com/feralgames/status/1245004215270936576

I unfortunately don't see friend system being added on this beta too, this is clearly a stress test, and I think it's working perfectly so far. Let's keep our hopes high! :))

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yes they opened up more spots now. The beta started several days ago and I had missed out at that point, but was just able to download it again now.

9. Waiting for 30mins and couldn't start a match

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    .....yeh actually I hope that’s just a beta thing. Coming from CoD mobile level of back in to the action snappiness for multiplayer matching, this GRID beta is taking quite a while to find just one opponent to race against. A little too painful for me at the minute so I’m gonna leave it for a little while I think.

Must be a beta thing for now, so hopefully more come in.

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    So, I just reinstalled this game and it says that it cant sync my iCloud savegame in which I invested hundreds of hours. Does that mean it is gone??

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Technically, it sounds as if they were spent rather than invested if they are. Not that there’s anything wrong with spending. Good luck!

13. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I got the same issue, and unfortunately had to create a new profile. I think it's a Game Center thing which came with iOS 14, since several other games asked me to "re-link my Game Center account" to not lose any data when switching to iOS 14. I haven't contacted with support about this cuz my investment is minor when compared to yours, yet I hope they acknowledge and find a solution for it.

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Yeah this was the only solution it seems. I tried everything without any success. Had to delete my savegame manually from iCloud to fix it and which sucked badly to be honest.
    The support replied with a pre-made answer so I highly doubt they even know anything about it at all.

15. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm sorry man, this is bad and pretty unexpected from Feral. I had an issue with Company of Heroes too, and they just told me that they're not supporting beta software, and that happened one week before the release of iOS 14. The thing is, the exact same issue was happening to the people on iOS 13 as well.

I really don't know what's happening with Feral. They were the best, but lately they just seem like they don't care at all.

16. speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral Active Member

May 9, 2018
    If you'd like to follow up with any further information to our support team they'll be happy to look into it further.

We do care!

While we don't support any pre-release betas of any operating system, we are aware of a couple of issues in CoH in the release version of iOS 14 and have an update in the pipeline to address them. If you have a specific issue please contact us again with detailed info via our support address and the team will be happy to help / keep you informed.

bx59 likes this.
  17. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @Nekku For the records, todays update just restored my old save file back.

Along with my faith.

speedcat_feral likes this.
  18. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Are there any plans for multiplayer on this after the beta?

19. speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral Active Member

May 9, 2018
    We do not currently have a timeframe for adding online multiplayer to the retail release of GRID Autosport, but will have more to announce in due course.

tinkie277 likes this.
  20. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Just got back into grid Autosport how do you brake with the ps4 controller I’m playing on an iPad Pro 11 3rd generation 2021?