Universal GRID Autosport (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 24, 2017.

1. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    How does one edit iOS game files to get to those extra enhancements you speak of?

AlexJeong likes this.
  2. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    #462 AlexJeong, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    As feral’s request, i am editing all posts about how to editing.. it could be dangerous for many people who doesnt know what they are doing.

HEiRAVON likes this.
  3. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Amazing! Thank you.

AlexJeong likes this.
  4. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    No problem! i hope you enjoy them. but be careful. some higher settings could make your device hot. try to find correct settings for your device ;)

5. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male

I just uploaded my Quick Race on youtube.
    You could know that i have changed or turned some graphical effects on, such as windshield rendering..
    But still dont know how to run the game on 60 FPS.

6. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    What exact settings have you edited so far?

AlexJeong likes this.
  7. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    #467 AlexJeong, Feb 11, 2019
    As feral’s request, i am editing all posts about how to editing.. it could be dangerous for many people who doesnt know what they are doing.

Attached Files:

8. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Great, thanks.
    I did change a lot of settings and device ran too hot. Also the blurring was delayed. This is on a XS.
    Trying to find the right balance.
    I did see a METAL FPS section that was set to 30. Maybe set that to 60 to run 60fps? It's in the config file twice.

AlexJeong likes this.
  9. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    With current settings, my device(iP8) running fine without getting hot.
    Yes i had same experience when make everything to high. So i just changed little such as FXAA abd enabling player windshield rendering, particle to ultra, vehicle detail to ultra, Reflection to high, and MobileGraphicBoost/ShaderBoost to 1.
    The FPS. I am not sure. But i have changed FPSCaps to 60 and MetalMaxFramePerSecond to 60.
    Still trying to get to know how to get 60 Fps.

10. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015

11. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    I just edited com.feralinteractive.gridautosport.plist in Preferences folder and Preferences Data, Hardware settings config.xml files.

Tungdepzai likes this.
  12. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
  13. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

This preference strings editing reminded me of when Grand Theft Auto III was released; good times.

I think it goes without saying it's recommended making a copy of the origintal .plist file, in order to revert everything back to original in case something goes "wrong" or simply can't remember which settings have been changed.

Good finding, @AlexJeong!

AlexJeong likes this.
  14. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Thanks! Well it was lucky that I can access those files. But we dont need to change many things. Graphical options are existing in Preferences data, not in Plist file. But it’s very fun to edit those files and see what happens;)
    Yes, back up is needed in the case of things are going wrong. And I wanted t share this info with others, because i guessed many users are willing to change this settings ;) i have to thank for jailbreak developers who gave us a chance to access the file ;)

sebgo likes this.
  15. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    https://mobile.twitter.com/feralgames/status/1097447650411073536
    Hey, According to Feral’s twit, they are going to deliver 1.3 update later in this winter. They said they will let the player set the balance between performance and graphic. Seems like Graphics options are opening to us??
    And what about Racenet-the multiplayer?

sebgo likes this.
  16. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    New patch is out!! These guys are amazing developers!! How they keep selling this!!

AlexJeong and ioso like this.
  17. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Yes, and they’ve added more lines into Preferences data- such as maxFPS. It means we can change it to 60 or 120. I have tried it and seems working.
    Also they tweaked some graphic options too. And I found OnlineUI folder inside of IPA file, that is online multiplayer will be included in upcoming update.

ioso likes this.
  18. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey, sorry, how do you install this, I’m assuming you don’t need to be jailbroken. I though here used to be way of adding an app to iTunes, but I’m runnning the latest version and can’t see how too. I had tried imazing and iexplorer, but you can only edit apps where file share is turned on, does not include grid!

AlexJeong likes this.
  19. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    #479 AlexJeong, Mar 9, 2019
    Oops sorry. Unfortunately GRID has no itunes file sharing feature so we cant edit them in normal way.
    And Geofilza is an app which requires rootless Jailbreak on iOS12. Thats why it doesnt work by itunes.
    But as Untethered jailbreak of iOS 12 is available for under A12 devices, you can edit this file by install Filza File Explorer frok Cydia

And i have to add this, As feral’s request, i am editing all posts about how to editing.. it could be dangerous for many people who doesnt know what they are doing.

20. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Fortunately i have an jailbroken iPad and modified fov by reading an article from steam community hub guide and articles from other websites.
    It’s much better to drive than stock options. But it’s unfortunate that we cant do modification on stock iOS. I don’t like the stock fov due to it’s so narrow that i have limited views..

Attached Files: