Universal GRID Autosport (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Nov 24, 2017.

1. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Thank you for your fast reply.

2. speedcat_feral

speedcat_feral Active Member

May 9, 2018
    All supported devices will see a graphics and performance boost. :) That's the iPhone SE, iPhone 7 and newer, the iPad (2017 and 2018) and any iPad Pro.

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Awesome! Can't wait to see these improvements.

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
  5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Yeah, my question is more like:

What models is this change gonna be applied to, and how does this affect battery and device warmth? I play it in an iPhone8, right in front of an electric fan aimed towards the phone in order to keep the device cool and to avoid the screen dimming a bit (this happens to me, and probably others too, when the device starts heating up)

Looks great, anyway, and having that visual quality in a phone is really a must-show-off!

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. speedcat_feral

May 9, 2018
    When the 1.2.4 patch is released, all supported devices will see an improvement in visuals and performance, and these improvements have been achieved within the same thermal limits as the current version of the game - your device shouldn't run any warmer when you play version 1.2.4.

We're still working on the final, per-device settings, but will share more specific details once the update is out.

7. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Fantastically beautiful looking update. May I ask if multiplayer will be included in the update?

8. Mobile Suit Labour

Dec 4, 2017
    Great news! Any chance of new tracks?

I wish to have
    Monte Carlo
    Macau
    Top Gear Test Track

9. speedcat_feral

May 9, 2018
    1.2.4 is primarily a graphics and performance patch, with some other minor fixes. No announcements to make on multiplayer or new tracks at the moment.

10. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    hello i just signed up for make an suggestion before 1.2.4 rolls out.
    In my humble opinion, Team Radio button should be placed on the game screen, not in the pause menu.. because whenever i want to listen the rival’s position and car status, i must pause the game. It’s very inconvient way to use while i have to concentrate on racing.
    please let me know ;)

11. speedcat_feral

May 9, 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion! We'll look into it for you. :)

AlexJeong likes this.
  12. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Thanks for both hard working and listening suggestions:)

13. speedcat_feral

May 9, 2018
    Patch 1.2.4 for GRID Autosport is live! We've done a lot of tinkering under the hood to give the game a massive performance and graphics boost:
    • iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus are now officially supported
    • iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are now officially supported
    • Significantly improved performance, graphics and resolution across all supported iPhones and iPads
    • Improved lighting and reflections, including new lighting effects during night races, on the iPhone 7 and newer, and all supported iPads
    • Real-time dynamic car shadows for the iPhone 7 and newer, and all supported iPads
    • Enhanced particle effects for the iPhone 7 and newer, iPad (2018), and iPad Pro (2015 and newer)
    • Per-object motion blur and depth of field for the iPhone 8 and newer, and iPad Pro (2017)
    • Real-time car reflections for the iPhone XR, XS and XS Max
    You can also check out the news post on our website for some screenshots with nifty before/after sliders.

bx59, Luxor1968, leokamiya and 3 others like this.
  14. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Nice! I'm gonna install the update when I get home.

15. AlexJeong

AlexJeong Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    I am updated my grid autosport on ipad first and proceeding on my iphone, too. And next will be Racenet?? You are so awesome, feral! Keep doing good work!
    I wish there’s a professional companies like feral in south korea... because they are pursuing only for online gaming and in app purchases:-/

16. Luxor1968

Luxor1968 Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Just BEAUTIFUL! Looks amazing, and runs like butter on my 8+. Thank you for making a great sim racer even better. Heck, this competes with full on PC sims in both graphics and physics. Still can't believe this is on a phone. Again, AMAZING!!

17. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    #437 darrinsden, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Does anyone have recommended controls for a rookie?

even set as rookie settings, i find myself spinning a lot and trouble staying on the track

I do okay at real racing 3, trying to get the controls to at least be similar.. enough so i feel i can progress a bit. then I can start turning off assists as i get better

I know there are quite a few options in the device settings but not sure if i am making it worse :)

thanks
    Darrin

18. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Yes, a nimbus controller! Could not play this any other way!

19. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Great work Feral!!

20. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    The new build looks so good on my iPhone Xs Max, I'd even pay the full price again just for this update. It's that good. Amazing job!