Great idea for app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brewstermax, Jan 18, 2009.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

At least I think that it is. I would love to see a mouse app, that uses the camera and accelerometer to sense the movement. Thus you would hold it just like a desktop mouse. It should work, at least in theory. The combination would be perfect. Also, another mostly unrelated idea, how about a photo management app, that rather than onscreen touches, uses the camera and hand gestures to control the pictures. Just a thought. And is the SDK extensible enough to allow this? Would Apple allow it? I think that the last one would be more of a toy, but the mouse app, would be perfect. Of course you couldn't use a rubber case with the first, but still. I saw a DIY multitouch trackpad, and it inspired the photo manager idea.

2. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Thought of, in the works and stemming from Air Mouse iPhone's concept (video) accept it would rest on a trackable surface like a mouse pad, etc. Who's working on it? When will it be announced? Wish I could tell ya. I'll let them do their thing and apologies if they see this post in bringing it up too soon.

3. brewstermax

They are working on camera tracking? I hope so. I've been holding on Air Mouse, but that would force me to get it. My second idea is my favorite, though.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I don't get the second one. So, while you're staring at the screen looking at pics, your hand is behind the iPhone using the camera to alter the photos?

5. brewstermax

Yes. I think that it is really good, and there is a similar idea for the mac. It may not seem sensible, but it really does make sense.

6. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    wouldn't it be too much information to pass to a computer through wi-fi?

Also, my computer doesn't recognize my ipod as a device using internet so I cant use any of the mouse apps on the appstore. I'd gladly pay for any full version but the problem seems to be my computer. Any help would be very much appreciated/.

7. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Oooooh. Ok, I got it. Using the iPhone to control pictures on the computer. In about 3 or 4 generations, the iPhone might be powerful enough, but they've already come out with a system like that on a laptop. It's not uber-sophisticated but it's not bad. Lemme see if I can find it. EDIT: Found it.

Pablo, you're computer and iPod are both using the same Wi-Fi network?

8. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    yeah, don't expect me to knowanything about computer/iphone capabilities. lol

yeah, there on the same network. but my computer is kinda stupid when it comes to internet conection. everytim I turn it on the wifi stops working for everybody.

9. brewstermax

Stupid Windows.

10. brewstermax

I would imagine that most info would be done on the device, and then transmitted. Or in Bluetooth in a future generation or with jaibreak.

11. taran420

taran420 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    I present to You................................

iTap

Link to website:
    Website

Link to app:
    iTap: WiFi touchpad for Mac/Windows

Its amazing how the app store is filled with apps which most of us has no idea it has

12. brewstermax

So close, but no dice.

13. taran420

taran420 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    what does it lack? didnt you wanted a mouse app....im guessing the app is missing some key components you would want? i have this app and love it

14. brewstermax

Camera sensing. Plus, I'm not really after a mouse app, anyway. These are just ideas that I'm throwing out there.

15. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    That is a great idea, just like the Wii does in it's interface.

It would take quite a bit of research seeing that the iPhone uses an accelerometer, not the same motion sensing that the Wii has.

16. brewstermax

Yes, very similar, but holding facedown.

17. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008

Yeah, for the iPhone to work like that, you'd need to load some software onto the computer and hook up some diodes to it. I suppose is anybody has the time and resources, and lacks a life, they could do it.