Universal Gravity Hook HD - (by Semi Secret)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 28, 2010.

1. globalist

globalist Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Devs, I'm loving this game, but can you please make the blue orbs wait just a tiny bit longer before explosion? I feel the current "timer" on those is quite unforgiving, much more so on the touch interface...

2. asdtfdr

asdtfdr Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Same problem here. Can't run it on my ipod touch 2g. Already contacted the support of the game and they told me to do a reset and reinstall the game, wich I had already done before, and obviously didn't work. Wasted 3$. Anyone knows how can I request a refund?

3. ricardotnet

ricardotnet Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Are you jailbroken? I thinks it conflicts with a sprimgboard extensiom, but if you use safe mode, it works

4. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    u r not alone!!!

5. asdtfdr

asdtfdr Member

Jul 30, 2010
    #85 asdtfdr, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    I am. Did you found what is the source of the problem? I will try to delete some packages and see if it works. I have backgrounder, winterboard, activator and SBSettings installed, do you have any of them?

edit: I've removed winterboard and now it's working :D

6. Thumpermat

Thumpermat Active Member

May 4, 2009
    In order to play games with a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G, I suggest you get "Swapmode" in Cydia. Not the version in "MySpazio" but the version in the source "SOSiPhone", which is compatible with IOS4.0x as well.

For me it works better than the safe mode.

7. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I've unlocked the classic mode, but how do I play it?

8. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    On the main menu, there will now be an option under high scores to play classic.

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    With yerrrr fingers!

10. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Game Impressions

For the love of god, please do something with the main game mode. It is painful, irritating, annoying and most of all SLOW. There is no fun to be found there. I beg you to speed it up a little, change it. Imho this game gets most of it praise because the dev made canabalt, if it weren't for the hype it would be deemed totally mediocre and average. The only thing this game shares with canabalt is the fact that both of them are overpriced. The classic mode is the only glimmer of fun here, the physics are great in it, for a change , the gameplay is fun, but only 1 block type makes it incredibly shallow and it bores you to tears pretty fast. But *sigh* who am I talking to here, Semi Secret is known for not bringing ANYTHING new into his games and general laziness,which is something not usually found among indie devs. Thats why I'm not hoping that he'll fix this game to be fun. :rolleyes:

11. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Lol its quite an unforgiving game, but stick with it and u WILL get better. When you do its alot more fun, although still difficult game. Yes they need to tone down difficulty a bit, stick with it for a while and hopefully ull get hang of it, also speed becomes less of issue later on, where the beginning is somewhat slow, while the next minute has u hanging onfor your dear life (cause its so crazy)

12. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Would you say that classic mode is easier? I would say that the classic mode is more fun, fluid and dynamic. Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder in my opinion. Shabby and irritating physics should not be forgiven and painted as "difficulty level"

13. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    Hmm, was shortly thinking about buying this game, but then I saw that the dev never updated it.

A few people had problems with crashing and messed up leaderbords and it seems this stuff will never get fixed, so no buy from me.

Also, yes it is overpriced as was Canabalt.

14. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    as usually, waiting for price drop to 99c

15. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    So you obviously do not have either game as both are extremely addictive and definitely worth the money.

Please GTFO.

16. ColdMetal

ColdMetal Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I actually play this 2-3x more than Canabalt .. I find it extremely addictive, the learning curve/difficulty just right, and a HUGE fan of the soundtrack. Nothing but love for this game >.<

Don't really play the Classic Mode though o_O Way easier which is a no no for me.

17. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    #97 Eraser74, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    I bought Canabalt, but I never really got into it. I found the gameplay not very interesting, the only redeeming quality was the artstyle, but that was it.

Not worth the asking price, it always was more like a 99 cent app, as is Gravity Hook.

So...GTFO.

18. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Now free, so go get it eraser and stop whining. ;)

19. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I continue to hear bad impressions from italian friends...now I can say: they have a reason to speak like that lol

20. TouchHeartRo

TouchHeartRo Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Wow free, thanks, ace.