Universal Gravity Hook HD - (by Semi Secret)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Agree on both points, especially the twitter problem as the only way out of it is to exit/enter the game. ;)

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Same problem also occurs in certain instances when trying to edit your account.

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    The keyboard goes away for me on my iPad.

And I also have to agree about the leaderboards -- if they remain top 100, at least get rid of duplicate names. And a tutorial and/or help screen would have been nice. But as someone else mentioned, hooking while you are close to an orb seems to help.

4. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Agreed.

At the same time, I don't think the Devs price any of their games under 2.99 (canabalt), nor do I think this game will ever go on sale.

Quite sad really. Really craving this on the iphone, but not so much that I want to spend 2.99 on it.

5. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Wow, another gem from Semi Secret, and it plays perfectly on my 1st gen iPod Touch. I'm first place on the classic leaderboard (atm). :D

Edit: Grr, on the "Today" and "Week" leaderboards at least.

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Look, I think this is a very nice game. Without question however, overpriced. Same thing goes for Canabalt and I bought both anyway. Sometimes we pay a little extra for things we want. I also count it as a plus that the devs are pricing their games this way out of conviction, (however misguided) as opposed to plain ignorance, followed by a quick sale.

7. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I fully support and agree with these opinions about a billion per cent!
    Although I really really don't want Openfeint - I'd just prefer for the custom board to be "fixed".

8. Mew2468

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Fully agree. I really like Semi Secret's custom leaderboards but I feel they can be improved.

9. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #49 cranker, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    I like them too but they never got improved on canabalt so that's why I mentioned the openfeint. It's very frustrating when so much work goes into the game and yet the leaderboards are missing very important features.

I would also play canabalt more if the leaderboards were better. Just the top 100...really? With names repeated ? Not knowing how many people you are competing with, not being able to add friends ....etc

I was so frustrated with canabalts leaderboards and now these are the same :(

The leaderboards are missing alot of features and do not match the quality of the games they make.

10. BrettArchibald

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    #50 BrettArchibald, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    True and true. But hopefully if we all make enough noise now - I mean, if we all make enough polite requests now, then maybe the developer will fix these issues now, seeing as this is a new game and is being promoted now.

Canabalt still needs fixing on other issues, never mind the scoreboards, but who knows what's happening there...

11. Mew2468

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Heh.

12. nsolo1717

nsolo1717 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Who ever has this and playing it on the iPad, would you recommend it as a good pick up and play game?

13. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

Yes, but they need a tutorial / instructions.

14. BrettArchibald

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Anyone else seeing this?
    In my local scores, my name appears to be alternating between being listed as "BrettArchibald" and "rettArchibald". For some reason the first "B" character has been dropped?
    Even the default in-built player usernames are being alternately listed as "Player" and "layer", where the initial "P" character is missing.

15. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Great game, but unfortunately the high score tables are messed up for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess my user name's too long, but it's the same one I use for Canabalt.

16. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK

Could never tell this is from the guys who made Canabalt with that font. :rolleyes:

17. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    what do the red mines do?

18. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    You die if you touch them.

19. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    What, the ones that randomly beep for no reason?

There is green ones, which don't hurt you, blue ones, which turn spiky when touched and kill you if your character then touches them. and red ones that beep when you touch them and kill you th4e same as the blue ones, but what else do they do?

20. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    Semisecret, thanks for a great, addicting, highly polished game. I only wished the leader boards didn't feature multiple scores from the same user. Thanks :)