Gravity Guy is coming soon - from the makers of Fragger

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tatuman, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #21 New England Gamer, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Fragger is a game that my whole family enjoys. We sort of have mini competitions between us. It's a great game that any age can play and this looks AWESOME as well! I love the trailer and can't wait to see more whether it is screenshots or more gameplay or just about ANYTHING! With Fragger's recent Christmas update (and all the updates actually) I have faith that you take loving care of your apps and know that there will be surprises in store along the way. Certainly this will stand proudly next to Fragger on my front page of go to apps!

Good luck and hopefully we see this soon!

Want to add that the four player mode looks great! Looks on par with some XBLA games too! I can see we will all jump right in to battling each other! Is that local wifi? Or something else?

2. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    I'll be looking forward to this. Seems you guys are very talented with physics so this should definitely be a fun game. Will it include GameCenter/achievements? Thanks

3. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I am really excited for this game. :)

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Looks great. Any idea of a release date?

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i really hope the multiplayer is 4 player online gamecenter. not local...please not local

6. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    me too! My whole family has an ios device, but none of em use it much. I never have anyone to play with over local.

7. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Wow, the trailer really looks awesome! I love how fast paced it seems to get. Looks extremely exciting! Also looks incredibly hard. I'm really looking forward to this and the challenge it looks to play. The music in the trailer sounds great too. Hope it, or an equally exciting song is a part of the game. Makes it more thrilling!

And are you constantly being chased in this game by that guy following you? I like the idea (reminds me somewhat of that ghost thing in hook champ). Hurry and bring this game out, cause I'm really excited for it!

8. tatuman

tatuman Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Hi,

We are glad that you are as excited by the game as we are. The game has game center high scores and achievements. The chase guy is always trying to catch the Gravity Guy, so it is a very intense chase!

Current the multiplayer is done locally, but as you will be able to try later it is one of the most fun multiplayer experiences on the iPhone or iPad.

We are planning to add Game Center multiplayer, but the game might be too fast paced to be able to run well over the net.

We plan to have the game approved this week, most probably will be out on Friday.

Keep your comments coming.
    All the best,
    Miniclip

9. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Friday???? Nice one, super excited now!!!

10. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    nice trailer & a great idea! I will look forward to this one - reminds me of the gravity shtick from the old NES game Metal Storm.

11. IRLS

IRLS Member

May 11, 2010
    I've been checking the appstore everyday for this app to come out, even though I know it won't be released for another several days or so I think. I'm really excited to play this with my friends. I've always wanted a platformer with multiplayer :)

12. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Would love a promo code! (When it comes out) ;)

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#33 jak56, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    basically gravity runner on crack. sounds good to me! :p
    actually, the gravity thing never really hooked me, so thisll have to be a pass for me, unfortunately. looks to be pretty cool though! mecha sonic anyone? ;)

14. #34 Haruhi, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    Loving the art style in this game, and local multiplayer mode seems awesome. Are there any plans to add online multiplayer though? :)

Edit: Oops, NVM.

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Sounds great! Can't wait! Look forward to the release hopefully in a few days.

16. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    This games looks great. Hopefully it has the same replay value as fragger. In the video the guy is being chased, was he also being shot at?

17. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    This looks like a lot of fun! My latest obsession is one-touch (or single-switch) games so I'll be interested to see how well they pull it off - knowing miniclip it will be a quality title.

Here is my current favourite single switch game (sorry iDevicers it's a flash game):

One Button Bob

The ninjadoodle boys should definitely make an iPhone version of this.

18. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Would definately be keen for a promo... Why were there two characters in the trailer? Multiplayer?

19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

@itman
    it's the core gAmplay. theres you, the sonic like dude, then theres the A.I. whose job is to chase and catch you.

20. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    This looks like a much better version of Gravity Runner which I thoroughly enjoyed playing. Can't wait to see this out!