Universal Graveyard Keeper (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 27, 2019.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I decided to try this on my Android tablet since I got a credit from Google. It's still broken there also, even though the developer says it was fixed. Someone wrote a review with the same bug as mine and the devs said it was fixed but was not. Got a refund, am really disappointed as I wanted to play this.

2. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    The IOS update is now out. If anyone who has the game has downloaded it, let us know if it fixed anything.

3. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I bought it. It crashes but I've learned to sleep after I do anything significant so most of my game is saved.

sakara214ever likes this.
  4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Repulsa and PBSNellie, thank you for posting your experiences. You saved me - and probably others - 11eu, will see if i get this for ps4 in a price drop only!

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Following this thread like a hawk from day one. I want to say a big thank you to all of you who bought the game and keep us updated. Until now these devs are not trustworthy and they are getting nothing from me. Will keep watching but by hopes are not high.

6. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I know, I've been on the fence about this. I decided to take a chance on it. I will play it this weekend and see how far I get, then decide if I am going to keep it. The bug that was on Android was fixed in IOS (I figured a different device would have a different result.)

7. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Hope it plays fine. Just watch out if you are going for a refund the 14 days limit. At least that is the limit for a refund here in Europe

8. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #48 PBSNellie, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Thanks, I should know well before then.

Update: So far I've not found any big bugs, but it does crash unexpectedly whenever it feels like it. The solution to this is to sleep and sleep often, especially after doing anything significant. I've done that and closed the game, and my progress was still there when I came back.

Captain Morgan and sakara214ever like this.
  9. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I have also went to purchase the game last week to see what are the bugs and what could cause it.
    To my surprise, I didn't find any bugs and the game only crashed once but I definitely saw it coming (the game was lagging like hell before crashing). But it crashed after I went to sleep so the game was saved anyways.
    There are some small bugs like NPCs not walking where they should or doing what they do but a quick restart of the game solves it. For the info, I play on an iPhone 7Plus so maybe crashes and bugs come from the phone model?

All in all, I am enjoying the game. It does have a feeling of Stardew Valley but only in some aspects (NPC reputation and quests, gardening and gathering, cutting trees and mining iron, etc). The whole aspect of the graveyard keeping is definitely cool but the lack of tutorial and help can surely disturb some. For that I would recommend to take a look at the wiki or you could just discover by yourself like a true gamer :)

10. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Another update yesterday that supposedly fixed the crashing. I'm going to test it today.

sakara214ever and ojtitus like this.
  11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    In light of recent updates, I decided to give this a try. No bugs or crashes on my XS Max in first hour of play. I’m a bit worried about needing to sleep to save your game on a device more conducive to short bouts of gameplay, but I will see how it works. I’ll post more impressions as I get deeper into the game.

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Seems like the battery eating and overheating is somewhat reduced. The thing is, I find this nowhere near as easy to get into as Stardew Valley. I ran out of stuff to fix the graveyard and don’t have the skills/stuff to make more repair kits, I have only had two dead bodies since I started playing, there are all these quests I’m supposed to do for ppl where they are asking me for stuff I’m not advanced enough to give them. And where the heck is the swamp?

13. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    Yes it is not as easy as Stardew Valley but it is also the beauty of it. Still, you have some guides through the npcs. But I agree that you just revive some vague explanations. However, if you played Stardew and the likes, you still get the point.
    The dead are brought quite randomly at the beginning and you will have to pay the donkey in carrots in the future.
    Don’t hesitate to visit the village and wander around to find all npcs and see what they sell.
    About the quests, yes there are tons of them and moreover they are all related. For instance, you will have to speak to the tavern tenant to unlock the merchant interaction to be able to unlock the permit to grow crops. Pay also attention to the days because some NPCs appear only during a certain day.
    Don’t overthink and don’t try to do all the quests immediately. They are all related and you will be blocked at one point because you will have to advance the quest line of another npc. Just familiarise yourself with the mechanics and find a stable income.
    For info, the swamp is on the far left of the church/graveyard. But you will have to repair the bridge first... There are a lot of closed paths that you will have to clear either to speed your exploration or to unlock new materials to gather.

I don’t want to spoil more and I strongly suggest you to discover everything by yourselves because there are a lot of features and quest lines. Many things to gather and craft. But if you are really stuck, simply go to the wiki, it’s quite detailed. The more you will play and the more you will realize that it’s not a clone of Stardew Valley but a whole game on its own with a multitude of things to do and to discover.

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    So i have downloaded this, and about an hour in it is FKING AMAZING.

THAT IS all.

Ringerill likes this.
  15. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Just checking in. Have the problems been addressed with patches yet? If so, I'm ready to bite.

16. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    Yes it seems like the problems have been addressed and some minor other things have also been taken care of. Actually the devs were quite prompt to resolve the issues so congratz to them :)

Collin likes this.
  17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Admittedly on the new mini, I’ve experienced zero crashes or problems in probably 4-6 hours of gameplay now.

Collin and sakara214ever like this.
  18. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Oh wow that's great news!!! Then i'm going to buy asap!!! Thank you for your feedback

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I suspect I'm up to about 30 (ouch) hours of gameplay. It's a touch obsessive!

In that time, I've experienced - I think - two crashes. Neither lost substantive progress.

Great game. Plenty - plenty! - of things to do. Lots of variety. Fantastic all-rounder.

Collin likes this.
  20. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Amazing game. After almost 20 hours of gameplay i have to say there is so much content in this game for anyone hesitant just buy it!