Universal Graveyard Keeper (by tinyBuild LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 27, 2019.

1. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    tinyBuild is very much not a source of trust for anything maintenance. They regularly put games in GoG and never issue any patches for them, citing “piracy” as a reason for not doing it.

Source: https://mspoweruser.com/tinybuild-purposefully-withholds-patches-and-dlc-from-gog-due-to-drm-free-policies/
    Source 2: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_talk_about_tinybuild_and_gog/post163

Having bought games of theirs on GoG I can very much attest to the lack of maintenance. That’s the main reason I’m not buying Graveyard Keeper on iOS, regardless of the strength of the port or crashing. Not worth it to get something broken that might never get updated for some spurious reason.

Collin, Ringerill and PBSNellie like this.
  2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    The question remains. Has anyone who has bought the game and previously commented in this thread downloaded the update and did it fix the problems?

3. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Went over to Google play. That version is buggy also.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Isn’t that an entirely separate issue to anything running through Apple’s walled garden?

Having engaged with the second thread enough to have got a bit of a headache and gripped what I think are the issues, my understanding is that they’re fully updating games on steam but are not updating them on a second, DRM free platform.

I’m struggling to see how that applies to the App Store, unless you were looking to buy them DRM free from another source?!

5. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    If they can’t, or won’t, keep the versions in sync on the same platform why should I trust them with my money on a completely separate platform? Also, it’s a scummy move to keep releasing games on a platform they don’t keep updated just for that cash grab.

So to be clearer: I’m not buying their stuff because they can’t, or won’t, keep things in sync on the same platform and they keep releasing things to that platform they don’t update for. I’ve already been screwed over once. tinyBuild will not receive any more of my money.

Collin, Ringerill and stubbieoz like this.
  6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Still draining battery and crashing on going to bed, sorry guys

ramzarules and PBSNellie like this.
  7. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I wasn't entirely aware of this, thank you mentioning it!
    From the games I got from them, I have never had any problems so maybe I was blind to that. But if indeed they proceed with such cheap methods to sell games without proper maintenant over platforms, I think I will pass...

Will still try to follow it. It seemed to me that Apple has its own policy towards crashing games and the overall quality it should have. I still remember a moment in time where crashing apps could be removed from the AppStore based solely on this problem.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #28 Quoad, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Right, but they are keeping it updated through steam? That’s not an issue, it’s GOG? For which there is no equivalent on iOS?

Just to clarify, like. I understand your frustration, I think, but am struggling to get the comparison - it sounds like a different issue, and one that can’t really (afaict) be translated to iOS. That there are no “versions” to “sync” on this platform seems like quite an important point, if a failure to sync versions on a different platform is the main criticism of them.

9. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO

I get where athros is coming from.

Since it's a port of a PC game, there could be versions to sync to; the PC version.

The PC version may get updates that never see the light of day on iOS because "reasons" given the fact that the GOG games they release don't get updated because of "reasons."

They've established a spurious track record of burning customers on another platform, and if iOS isn't their primary platform the same track record could apply here. It could turn out to be more trouble to fix a problem than it's worth to them, and by cutting loose their iOS customers they aren't cutting their throats because they still have the Steam marketplace.

If you want to take a chance on them by buying the game in a broken state now expecting them to make it good, then go for it. Personally, I appreciate the info that athos brought to the discussion, and will now wait for the problems to be fixed before even considering giving them my money.

stubbieoz, athros, Gwarmaxx and 3 others like this.
  10. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    You explained it much better than I could, I appreciate it!

Collin likes this.
  11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Always cracks me up when people tout the Apple Marketplace as being a "walled garden" like this is some guarantee of quality content/games on the market place will be patched. Apple has literally created a marketplace where false advertising and bait and switch tactics seem to be a growing norm....

Any company that knowingly releases a broken game, and stays silent this long after the release, is not deserving of my money. We've seen devs respond lightning fast and issue bug fixes due to the reporting of these forums. I ask....where is TinyBuildLLC? Total and complete radio silence. Wont spend a cent till I see a fix.

This actually looks like it could be quite the compelling little tittle... wont hold out for it, but i hope they issue a fix soon....

athros, Gwarmaxx and Collin like this.
  12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Not sure why everyone is complaining I been playing this since day 1 with no problems. I just got zombie workers been doing quests and enjoying this game overall. They patched it two tones already. Latest iOS on iPhone XS Max. I would recommend this.

13. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm just guessing, but it's possible they are complaining because they are having problems with the game that you aren't having. Because it's not happening to you doesn't mean that it's not happening. Hopefully you continue to live a charmed life where the bugs in this game are concerned.

athros, Myndaen and stubbieoz like this.
  14. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    They patched the Android version. I sent a message to their twitter about the IOS but no response yet.

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i remember having problems with TinyBuild guys on Punch Club first days, an issue with the screen res or something like that, and still remember that they replied me arrogantly (those days they still spoke with us :)) and took a lot of days to release a patch.

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don’t like paying $10 for something I STILL can’t enjoy, and I’m sure I’m not the only person still having issues

athros and Collin like this.
  17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I mostly remember punch club for just being unimaginably difficult #rofl

pathogen541 likes this.
  18. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I mostly remember Punch Club being bugged where the clickable portion of the buttons was offset making the progression impossible because you had to basically click outside your screen. It took more than a year (maybe even 2) before this was resolved. And I don't even know if they did this because I constantly sent them email every 3-4 months or just because they are preparing Punch Club 2 and want to promote it in some way.
    But this 1-2 years of waiting says a lot about their priority to update games from game breaking bugs :(

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  19. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I have contacted the devs about this issue because I really would like to buy this game knowing that it is bug free (at least game breaking bugs). But this time I have addressed the actual devs (from Lazy Bear Games and not TinyBuild).
    The answer was kind and they said they are sorry to hear about that and will look into it. I also proposed them to come to this forum and I hope they will.
    An answer so quick for me is definitely something good so let's hope for a quick update from them :)

Collin likes this.
  20. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO

I hope so too, because this game appeals to me. But not if it's broken. I have other systems I could buy it on, but I think I would enjoy it more on an iPad than on other systems. So I'm holding off.