Universal Grapple Gum (By Ali Mehrez)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by liva, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Taftouf

Taftouf New Member

Sep 21, 2017
    People may complain about other people´s complaints :D

2. Orangeable

Orangeable Member

Sep 18, 2017
    I'v seen my nephew and my child playing the game for few days now, and today I'v been playing with them in a funny competition we've made, each times we clear a level, we add a gum in our mouth

3. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    Hi guys,

I've read all your comment and pm's, I'm very flattered and I would like to thank you.

The first update should be deployed in few hours and include minor fixes, tweaks and improvements. Also, the leaderboard now support Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters.

The next update should be more content focused, but it's still too early to talk about it.

Cheers,
    Liva

4. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    Grapple Gum's Journey

After ~1800 hours of solo development and 2 Awards, Grapple Gum is OUT and is the first Tunisian game being featured world wide on the Apple AppStore!

Here is a short summary of my journey

5. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Really great read! Are you a self-taught developer?

6. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    #46 liva, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Hi fabianb,

Thanks! Yep, got a master degree in environmental law but I'v always been passionate about programming. I started with php and css and made some small websites but my game dev journey really started late 2015 when I discovered Unity.

Cheers,
    Liva

7. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    Hello Guys!

I just received an email from the International Mobile Gaming Awards and Grapple Gum is one the of 52 nominated games for its second competition in the MENA region! Winners, including the Grand Prix and the Jury’s Honorable mention, will be selected and announced at the 2nd IMGA MENA Ceremony in Amman on November 11th, 2017 during the Jordan Gaming Summit, the leading MENA developer conference.

the press release can be found here : https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/306851/IMGA_and_Zain_Jordan_Announce_Nominations_for_the_2nd_IMGA_MENA.php

Cheers!
    liva

8. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    Hello there!

Due to my effort to adapt Grapple Gum on Androïd, the frequency of updates have not been as short as I planned to, but things are doing well and I'll probably push the third update pretty soon.

Those of you who player the 1.0.2 already know about this boss :

[​IMG]

But a new update (1.0.3) is coming, with a new boss, a little harder and funkier than the rest :d

[​IMG]

I wanted to give it to you for halloween but I was in Kiev for a gamedev event and didnt had the strength to work from there