Grapple Gum - backward shooter game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by liva, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    #41 liva, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    The release is near so I've been working on a basic ingame tutorial. It still needs some sound and visual effects but the core system is done.

2. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    #42 liva, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Honored and happy to announce that I won both Best Mobile Game & Game of the Year awards from Carthage Game Show for my upcoming game Grapple Gum. The competition was outstanding and the vibe was unforgettable. I had the pleasure to meet Susan Gold (founder of the Global Game Jam), Leevi rasila (GDWC Producer) and Moacyr Alves JR (ESL Brasil Director), they all loved my game and made this day very special to me.

I'm also pleased to announce that I will join the Indie Prize finalists in Kiev_Ukraine for the Casual Connect event in 24-26 October and I'll get to showcase Grapple Gum on a Booth during the entire show.

I'd like to thank all of you for participating in my beta test. The builds I shared with you saw plenty of installs and, more importantly, some fantastic feedback. I have taken your thoughts into account and shared new builds on TestFlight that improves the tutorial, the upgrade system, many bug fixes, and gives you a better experience.

Thanks everyone! I really value your feedback. Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences via email, Twitter -- whatever you'd like. I'm eager to hear what you think!

I’ll see you at Casual Connect in Kiev! Thank you all

All the best,
    Ali "Liva" Mehrez

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    A video of gameplay offering a new point of view.

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Any idea when this will be out? Every week I check the Out Now post for Grapple Gum and Hang Line to get my grapple fix, but it's been like two months and still neither of them are in my hand. I'M NOT GOOD AT WAITING FOR THINGS DAMMIT

5. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    Hi,

Right now I'm adding the translation of the game, this is literally the last thing on my "to do" list. We are still aiming for a release this summer, early September.

I'm also working on some video and stuff for my booth for the Casual Connect in Kiev, this is so exciting :D

Be strong sweetdiss!

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I shall try! Thank you for the update!

7. snake302

snake302 Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Developer
    Very interesting!

Please check DM)

8. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    #48 liva, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Happy to announce that Grapple Gum will be released worldwide the 14th of September 2017 for $1.99 on the App Store.

Grapple Gum is an award winning SlingShot-Action-Platformer in which you play as a little pink piece of gum and grapple across moving objects. It's a neat mix of mechanics as you can float through the space, hitch a ride by hooking on the various platforms, and slingshot your way from one piece to another while also shooting at all kinds of targets, including big bosses and the little various sooty critters nibbling at your toes.

DENSE CONTENT
    - Play 10 levels filled with 10 Gigantic bosses and hordes of hand painted, kid friendly, critters.
    - Discover 6 Awesome and Unique Weapons, with 3 levels of upgrade for each.
    - Unlock 42 Permanent Bonus, which offer exceptional replayability.
    - Enjoy Fast paced, touchy and crazy satisfying action.

BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS
    The doodle artwork is brought to life with fluid animation and popping visual effects. Every component has been recreated in meticulous details!

INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS
    Grapple Gum features a One touch control. Tap, hold or swipe and hitch a ride with your grapple or shoot at everything and leave a mess of bursted monsters! Intuitive controls deliver a gaming experience both fun and challenging.

FUN FOR EVERYONE
    Grapple Gum is easy enough for anyone to pick up... but it requires tenacity and quick reflex to master.

I'd like to thank all of TouchArcade beta testers for participating in my beta test. The builds I shared with you saw plenty of installs and, more importantly, some fantastic feedback. Please feel free connect via email, Twitter, Facebook -- whatever you'd like.

All the best,
    Ali "Liva" Mehrez

9. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    #49 liva, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  10. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I bought this gem in Japan
    loving it so far

and it was $0.99
    releasing sale?

11. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling
    #51 W8rd3, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    I keep checking the App Store hoping I'll see it! Been excited for this since I saw the article in June. Congrats on the game release! :D

Is it still launching today for the US?

12. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    #52 liva, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Hello,

Still waiting for the game for EU and US. :eek:
    In the meantime, Grapple Gum is being featured in China, Taiwan, Honk Kong and Macau AppStores. :D

[​IMG]

Few hours and the game will be available for all of us

Kind Regards,
    Ali "Liva" Mehrez

13. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France