Universal Granny Smith (by Mediocre AB) - Universal

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    That's strange. I haven't had any trouble with the responsiveness of the controls...

Could it somehow be connected to what device your playing on?
    I'm playing on the new iPad. The game doesn't look like it should be very power hungry, but try and reboot your device and see if it feels better. If any other apps are using memory resources in the background, that ought to help.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm playing on iPod touch 4g and I'm not having any issuse with the controls, they seem spot on to me.

3. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    this game looks great, which is not really surprising considering it's from the makers of the super polished Sprinkle.

is this going to have anything like an endless mode? I just find level based runners based weird.

4. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I am surprised so many people see this as a runner. To me, it clearly is a racer, much more comparable to, say, Jaggy Kart, than to, say, Jetpack Joyride.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    There's no way I'd compare this to jAggy Race... but you're right; it is more of a racer.

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I rarely play racers and the only one I could remember was Jaggy Race. If you say they aren't comparable, I totally believe you. I just didn't want other people who like me are bored with runners to think that this is yet another runner.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah, gotcha. =oP

8. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=150239][​IMG][/thread] [thread=150254][​IMG][/thread] [thread=150222][​IMG][/thread] [thread=150228][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=150232][​IMG][/thread] [thread=150053][​IMG][/thread] [thread=150221][​IMG][/thread] [thread=150225][​IMG][/thread] [thread=149924][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]GRANNY SMITH[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    29/08/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this fast-paced racing platformer filled with spectacular crashes and amazing stunts?

[size=+3][thread=150472]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    09-07-2012 at 06:28 AM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Any way to increase or adjust the size of the hit boxes for the jump buttons? The are awkward and unresponsive on my 3GS.

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I've been playing this the last few days when I'm not deep into a music game and just have a few min to kill. Gotta say, I was impressed with this game early on but deeper into it... and it had me smiling in amazement. The Volcano Level. Seriously if you haven't played that far... play that far and then finish that level. Wow that was amazing. I'm looking forward to the rest of the game.

I think if I were to compare this, I'd probably put it along side Mikey Shorts as a sort of platform racer. It is an autorunner, but it is all level based and it's a competition too so it's got that racing element. Still, that whole deal in Mikey Shorts where you replay levels to get better scores really applies here as well.

Anyway, wanted to see if we had a thread on the game.. and boom... it does... but wanted to just praise this game. Fantastic experience thus far. I'm glad I gave it a try and kept it around for when I was ready for it.

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Decided to replay this after seeing it was in sale again. What a fun game. I'm surprised by the lack of recent posts here, and zero discussion about the space levels and bonus levels

Question about the bonus levels: are they simply the levels on the branching paths (that don't lead to the next area) or is there a bonus area with the levels?

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Masterpiece.

Still playable on iOS 10.

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ