Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

If anyone at rockstar sees this, can you please put crouching in somehow? It's grad without crouching. You just stand there and either run or get shot.

2. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Are there planes in this gta? Or just helicopters.

3. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    There is a single plane that you can fly after some missions dealing with a movie studio.

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    does it support MOGA?

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Maybe in the near future. :D

6. SuperMonkey9988

SuperMonkey9988 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Just got my iPad mini with retina display and living it so far. But, with this game and gta 3 I've noticed some stuttering when textures and the sort pop in, it plays as smooth as butter otherwise. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if it just plays like this, cause for a new device like this, it would be pretty disappointing if this isn't just a problem that can at least be fixed by rockstar.

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    After playing about an hour or two of this, I really like it. There could be some more improvements with the controls, but I'll certainly be getting GTA:SA. One thing that was really weird was that the first time I played, without a hard reset, almost all the cut scences... Everybody was missing their hands... ??? After the hard reset, it worked properly. Just a really weird thing to watch.

Attached Files:

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol! That's crazy!

9. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    During the first visit to Cortez's yacht everyone was walking around but...the entire yacht wouldn't spawn so it was like everyone was walkkng in the air.

10. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Wow!!!
    UPDATE 1.4 it's out
    Added native resolution support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus!
    Added support on All MFI CONTROLLERS
    Bug Fixes
    Well Done ROCKSTAR GAMES,first the crazy 80% discount on PSN Games,if some of you guys miss this,it's not late,as the sale end on PSN 25 March,then this update from the nowhere,,do the same on GTA 3 as well,and why not,MAX PAYNE..,thank ROCKSTAR!!

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I love seeing these old classics getting attention and cool updates. Still holding onto hope that Infinity Gene gets MFi support. Thanks for the heads up Snake!

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Nothing Man,I think these 2 new killer features,as this update out of the nowhere will be appreciated,every GTA Games,with a controller,are totally another planet..also If I never fight with the touch controls due to a large costumizable option for them..now let's Hope ROCKSTAR GAMES do the same with GTA 3 as well..

13. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/18/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-update/

Reports of an issue in the comments...

Doesn't seem to affect me- on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 5.
    Well, this is strange. My older version is more compatible for a game update intended to work for it and iOS 8?

14. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yeah,I read the comment,I'm on iOS 8.2,On both my 3 devices,I update it on my iPhone 6 Plus,but not on my iPhone 5,thanks to that's comment,I wait and hope for a fix..

15. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Not widescreen on my 5s anymore. Black bars on either side.

16. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I highly suggest you to report this on ROCKSTAR Support,or War Drum Studios,the developers,if no one report this,they never be fixes..

17. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I'm sure they meant well but seems they haven't tested this update enough. Hopefully gta 3 will get controller support to.

18. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I'm sure GTA 3 Will get same treatment at one point,and why not,MAX PAYNE too..it's seem the update affect only iOS 8x,and I don't update my iPhone 5,but my iPhone 6 plus,and surprise,it has less graphic,both in game an the menu,it's blurry,seem zoomed,I'm sure it's a bug affected iOS 8 users..

19. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #859 oldsnake, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Here we go,a rain of 1 star bad rewiev on my App Store,continue This way and Rockstar Games will forced to fix The update,it's weird,a game that always be a 5 stars on my App Store,Now in One day it's become a 1 star game..at last The costumers need to give 4 star explain The problem,cause Are The same that time ago give it 5,can happen that an update can broke The game on newer OS..
    EDIT: GTA 3 Update,give same treatement as VC
    V1.3.3

- Added native resolution support for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

- Physical controller support for all Made for iOS controllers.

- Assorted bug fixes.
    AS A WARNING:eek:n iOS 8x,it cause same problems of black bars on all 5gen devices,and lowered The res on iPhone 6 plus?i wait some impression,then i update..

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Already talk with WAR DRUM STUDIOS,The developers of GTA TRILOGY On iOS,so now they're aware of The Update Bug in GTA:VC..let's see for a fix..