Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    The cheats only work on android D:

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Steal a car, choose your favorite radio station, and drive until the wheels come off...

The free roam is so d@mn satisfying in this, just drive around and explore until you feel comfortable enough to try the missions.

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing.;):D;):D

DBC

3. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    You unlock the ohter island as you progress. Once you do, HELICOPTERSSSS

4. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    It's a direct port, so in theory if you had a Bluetooth keyboard you could enter the cheats that way on iOS.

Don't own that type of keyboard though, so only speculation.

5. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    God, there's nothing like driving down the highway at 100 miles an hour, destroying everything in your way, blasting Yankee Rose on the radio.

6. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Having hybrid between Miami Vice and Scarface in one game is more than amazing, and paired up with soundtrack it surpasses even that.From killing crazy drug lord that has like 50 camera screens in his room and taking over his business , chasing people with chainsaw on the street, having shoot out with CSI over some documents, driving sleek sports cars , I just love all the Miami Vice and Scarface references.I'm just baffled why "Shake it up" by Elizabeth Daily wasn't included into game (and it was in GTA 3) it would suit game excellent.
    Uh this game gives me urge to watch both Scarface and Miami Vice again :)

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Again some missions are hard but to me GTA is a bit like an 'old fashioned game' which were quite tricky. Nowadays too many games are easy and you read all the time 'finished it a day after buying it' and then they moan they only got one days value for their dollar !

With GTA you can do the missions, or just try stunts or find hidden packages. Or best of all try and get as many police stars as you can and survive for as long as possible. I used to then hide in some of the buildings and shoot people for as long as possible before the police got me. Theres so much you can do in the game.

But practice on the missions, must admit i've been stuck on one or two due to the touch screen controls, but i keep trying and eventually pass them. But its a classic game and again i cant believe i've got this in the palm of my hand

8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is this like the old GTA where you won't get 100% completion if you failed some missions? So far I've been reloading my save whenever I fail a mission to ensure I don't have any failed ones on record.

9. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    Well, I deleted the game. Played all of yesterday, got about 15 percent in, and just raged so hard I deleted it. :p

10. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Why? Too hard? Too boring?

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Unbelievable these youngsters ;) Again this to me is how games should be, tricky, not letting you complete level after level and then the games finished in 4 days and people moan about their 69p etc ;)

I've come across a few difficult missions playing it on my iphone, but the huge world to explore and different things to do, love it. People will still be talking about this game in 50 years time

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Sorry to disappoint; it doesn't work.

13. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    The exact opposite if boring. Really hard, and on my iPod 4 the textures SUCKED, there were lighting glitches, so on and so forth. But if I ever get a newer device I will definitely download it again, if only for the better looks. And who knows, I might have better luck with the game.

14. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I can see why now. On iPad it runs like a beauty.

15. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I have an iPad2. I have never played Vice City. I have it on my Purchased tab.

...but I have only 1.5GB left :(

16. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Make space for it and you'll see its worth it :3

17. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    Played earlier today on my old first gen iPad and it played very well!!before the 1.3 update it was choppy, maybe around 12-15fps!Now it's mostly around 30!As far as graphics go, I can definitely see reduced resolution!It doesn't look as pretty but it sure plays a ton better!

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Remember that stupid "steal a van" or something mission from the console version? Or those d@mnable RC Car & Dodo missions? Ambulance? Pizza delivery?

If my consoles weren't so expensive, I might have thrown THEM.:p;):D

But oh, the sweet taste of success when you emerged bloody, bruised, and triumphant... good times.:D

DBC

19. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    The AI shows no respect. I'm on my freeway and bam infernus rams me on the side. That's 16 HP xD

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Does anyone know if failing a mission will make it impossible to get 100% completion? Also what about getting wasted?