Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks for the info! I will gladly wait for San Andreas and future games:D

So, is that the reason why GTA3 hasn't been updated for the iPhone 5? It's been a year I think. I installed GTA3 recently and it was buggy and not optimized for iPhone 5.

2. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    It's probably an issue between Rockstar and War Drum Studios. I think they are a pretty small outfit and maybe they just don't have time. They've ported 3 full console games to mobile in less than 1.5 years so they are probably always dedicating resources to their next port rather than their previous ones. It could also be the terms of their contract with Rockstar, ie. Rockstar only paid for them to port the game and provide a few months of post-launch support and that contract is now over.

3. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Just got all the packages, and was playing Brown Thunder (Vigilante with the Hunter). It's extremely fun, however I was wondering if anybody had the problem where they couldn't bail out? I was on level ~40 when my Hunter caught fire but I couldn't bail out.

4. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    Can someone with an iPod touch 5G post a screenshot of Vice City?I am interested in seeing if the game has all of the graphics effects that the iPhone 5 has!

Thank you!

5. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Sure,here's something from it http://twitter.com/shadowking2214/status/277863148235661312/photo/1
    It does have every effect enabled that I care for :D

6. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    So, version 1.3 was released yesterday!They got rid of 200mb of data, so the game is now 1,1GB big and they apparently improved the performance of the iPod Touch 4G even further!

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    That is great news for me. Now I have enough space for Max Payne

8. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I am considering buying this game layer this month, and I would like some advice on wether I should or not. I am very well aware that it is extremely difficult, an there aren't any cheats. I am not good at playing hard games, and I don't want to waste my money. Advice please!!!

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its an all time classic, just to have this on your device wherever you go is amazing. Some missions are tough and you'll need to try a few times, others arent. You can also explore the city and do sub missions (eg act as a taxi driver)

I'm sure you must have heard of this game, forget if its tough or not, people would moan if its too easy. Its a classic sandbox game so you can do whatever you want.

Well well worth picking up

10. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Not worth it on iPhone 4 and below. Works fine on 4S and above.

11. Stevenseagal

Stevenseagal Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Actually after the latest update Vice City runs with absolutely no lag on my iPhone 4. It's beautiful. You should try downloading it again.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's not hard at all, don't know where you got that idea.

And highly recommend a purchase of this and III. Both all time gaming classics, GTA III is like The Godfather of videogames - even now you can see its influence on modern games.

13. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Really? Redownloading now!

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I think I still got GTA 3 original box with CD for PC somewhere around , need to find it :D

They should have written more notes on Vice city update, I didn't realize game "lost" 200 MB , that is not a small thing :)

15. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    I get what you're saying, but I bought GTA 3 AND Chinatown Wars at full price, and had to delete within a week because they were rediculously hard. I'm just trying to learn from past experiences.

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Uhm... if you found GTA 3 hard, you might want to pass on this one. Neither seemed overly difficult to me, but they are pretty similar gameplay-wise...

Personally, I would never want to tell someone to intentionally miss out on something as beautiful and satisfying as GTA on their iDevice, but yeah. If GTA 3 was problematic for you, GTA:VC isn't going to be any easier.

DBC

17. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I would buy it anyway just to listen to soundtrack :)

18. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    My favourite track would be self control by Laura Branigan. I loved speeding down the highway in my Infernus just listening to that whilst on a 5 star chase :D

19. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    Dayum. I really wanted to play this, but I guess not. If they had cheats then yeah. But for now, no.

20. skeblik

Jul 3, 2012
    You know what, THE HELL WITH IT. Downloading now. :p