Universal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm suprised we didn't see LBS and VCS first. I know they came out after San Andreas, but they were made for kind of playing on the go. The missions were a little shorter, it was built on a weaker system, ect. I'm guessing as long as Rockstar is making money on these ports, they they will keep porting them. It's just nice having all of them on one device to play whenever I want. Even though space is getting very limited now. Lol

2. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Don't be cheap, it's only $2 more from the usual RS price tags!

3. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Can't wait to finally enjoy this game without the godforsaken disc-read-error my PS2 always gave me. I swear my PS2 singled out San Andreas and decided it hates the game and that it should never work. I certainly won't be running into that problem on an iPod though!

4. maomaoyinpei

maomaoyinpei New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    How about the aiming control?

5. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I've been waiting for this moment… forever.

I own copies of every GTA on every system it's been on. So while I own and have played through San Andreas on PS2, XBOX, PC and Mac, this is the first ever mobile release of this particular game. I'm going to have a blast the next few days.

I also consider this the best GTA up to GTA V. The great environment, diverse landscape, great missions, great characters, the atmosphere… it all came together in one awesome game. GTA V is still a bit better, but of the 'classic' GTA's… San Andreas is king.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Especially on lunch at work!

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I guess I understand that view.

...bathroom? :)

I suppose I can see this as well.

I remember GTA 3 blowing my mind when it released. The open world changed gaming from then on. I didn't think it could get any better. Oh how naive I was. Because when VC came out, I can't think of another game I put more time into. With the helicopters and the Miami Vice setting, I played through the entire story quickly. My friends and I would take turns causing a city wide riot, seeing how long we could survive while pissing off the cops as much as possible.

So I can most certainly appreciate the game. The biggest issue I had with SA was with the theme as well, but I still put a good amount of time into it. I'm just not sure it will have any novelty left in it.

More power to everyone who picks it up though. :)

8. FuzzyMuzzy

FuzzyMuzzy Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Im downloading it now and i got it for $7.50?!

9. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    So, how come it's iOS 4.3 and up? These supported devices, do they even support back that far? Basically someone said it'll run on 4th Generation, but it really lags. If it actually loads I might try it later. I was looking forward to this one. I might get a new device soon. But, I don't get why they put that it supports such an old firmware and not those devices.

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    how does this run on ipad 2? better then the ps2?

11. Liberachi86

Liberachi86 Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Where's My Water 2 QA
    Any screenshots yet, I'm curious what the new graphics look like

12. Behnam

Behnam Well-Known Member

Well, the iPad 2 was released with iOS 4.x...

13. Dephin

Dephin Member

May 8, 2012
    Self employed cladder
    South englaaand
    Oh if this is moddable my night shifts are going to be something to look forward to. Not holding my breathe though after the damn IMG size limits imposed after the hot coffee fiasco.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    They don't get the choice over what Apple determines for the requirements. Apple decides and sets the supported hardware section. The dev can only make odd requirements like requiring a compass, a specific iOS version, or whatever to limit who can buy the game to avoid unsupported hardware getting it. On the flip side many of these requirments that they do have control over end up cutting out ipodtouch 5th gen. But this is pretty much how it is with every single app on the appstore and why it's important to read the description... especially on big games like this.

15. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    You own GTA 2 on the Dreamcast and Gameboy Color?

That's hard-core. :)

16. Deonaldi

Deonaldi Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Can I get a link, can't find it on the App Store?

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    So, before this I loaded up vice city and played a few missions and it crashed , now it crashes every mission. Guessing a 7.0.4 issue but if that is not fixed I'll keep my money and spend it on something that will work after iOS updates

18. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If you're in the US, it won't be out for you until about 11pm est.

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    check the beginning of the thread. There's a video of the first 20 min.

20. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    ^Can anyone that has it already answer this? The aiming controls in Vice City were the main reason I couldn't get into it, fire fights were impossible.