Universal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Runs flawlessly on the iPad Air. My first time ever playing GTA: San Andreas. I have played GTA 3 and Vice city but only on an idevice so controls aren't a problem for me. So far, I like San Andreas the best and the world is huge! Just by looking at the map, it appears to be 3 times bigger than GTA Vice city.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I've tried several setting files and found one which provides disabled car reflections and I guess a lowered draw distance. It's better but still not smooth on my Mini Retina sigh
    Is someone with an iPad 2 or iPad Mini 1 willing to share their gta_sa.set file with me? It's located in the documents folder inside the game folder.
    Guess I will drop retina graphics to get it smooth. I just don't want to wait any longer for War Drum Studios to get it fixed. Bought it almost 5 months ago and couldn't play it since then. :(

3. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Same here,It lags on my 5s where it should run at 60fps...wasted money it was the first game I purchased for my device,Very dissapointed.5 months after it still lags these devs should be fired for this crap.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye, they rly should be fired for this :(
    People on gtamodding forums even figured out that WDS has used a community tool to extract and convert all of the audio files :/
    I thinks that's far from professional.

5. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    A single modder on android ported the jedi academy games which were released on xbox(original) with great success, It runs perfectly on my android phone no lags whatsoever and these so called studios with 20-30 employees together can't optimise games for the most powerful phone in the world.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Beloko Games? Easily one of the best things to ever happen to mobile gaming.

7. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep it is,I just wish he would port the game to ios.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ok guys, I installed the RetinaPad tweak from Cydia and forced it to run in iPhone mode on my MiniR and also stretching it to full screen.
    It is a LOT smoother now. Okay the resolution isn't retina anymore but f*ck it. I can play GTA SA!
    I guess it runs like on the 5S now on my iPad.

9. jaysraptors_to

Apr 27, 2014

I posted this a while back but now I am noticing a problem. After failing the mission, Sweet's girl I tried restarting from the checkpoint and then the game crashed. I reloaded my save and tried going to the red circle and it crashed again. I had a fix before for this problem (Did another mission and came back) but I don't have any other missions left and I must complete that mission(Sweet's girl) to continue. I am playing on the iPad Air btw and just wanted to ask if anyone knows a solution for this or is anyone else experiencing this issue. I hope an update to fix this is going to be made.

10. 3rdeyer

3rdeyer New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    For issues like this I recommend you to write your complaints to @WarDrumStudios on twitter. They are the developers of all the GTA games on ios. We can only hope that when they receive enough messages about these problems and poor performance issues they will work on a patch.

11. ramireo

ramireo New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Is there a way of looking at the pictures taken with CJ's camera (the one you pick up in the bedroom)? That would be great... I've been searching for days, but couldn't find anything.

12. jaysraptors_to

Apr 27, 2014

Ok thank you I will tweet them.

13. SuperMonkey9988

SuperMonkey9988 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Happy anniversary everyone! Exactly two months ago today was the last time this game was patched. All joking aside, this is the last time I will EVER buy a game from WDS; and all I wanted was to be able to listen to some eazy-e, is that too much to ask?

14. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Ok, anyone playing this with mfi controller. Isn't it hard to shoot with B button while moving camera.
    I mean how do you aim and shoot.

15. lele16

lele16 New Member

May 25, 2014
    Help With Downloading Save Files

l lost my almost complete game cause i save this other file to it by accident . :( But how do i download other save files with Ifile? Also is there someone who has like 50% and dont have all the extra goodies completed yet ?

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i played it also on nvidia shield and the free aim is working well. i already order steel series stratus mfi and it'll arrive this tuesday, gonna let you know how it works after i get the item.:)

17. 3rdeyer

3rdeyer New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Apple released a new game developer driver today called "metal", specifically designed for the A7 devices like the ipad air and they claim it can render games up to 10 faster than the openGL.

Hopefully warstudios will be able to implement it in their GTA ports and we might finally see some improved performance on our a7 devices.

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    While Metal will be rly great for mobile iOS gamers, developers can't just "implement" it in their already released Games which were written for/in OpenGL. They actually have to port it which isn't as easy as most people might thinking, as far as I've understand it. So I highly doubt that WDS will port it for Metal. Buuuut, maybe we will see GTA IV ported for Metal :p

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    Shut up!!:eek::p:p

20. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I'd think more GTA : Online port. It has the right business model to work on iOS (free with paywalls and IAPs)