Universal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Patiently and frustratingly waiting for an update ._. Worst... Devs... Ever...

2. SuperMonkey9988

SuperMonkey9988 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hmmmm.... Are they ever going to update this?

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I think The same here..

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    +1 here waiting for frame rate update.

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    +1

same here *sigh*

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    The lesson I've learned from this release is to never buy another GTA port for iOS. I don't care how great they say it will be, GTA is just not meant to be played without a physical controller. And the big problem is that Rockstar knows these games will sell like hotcakes and they also know that they will play like crap without a controller but they don't care because people will buy it because it's GTA.

7. Jaro_84

Jaro_84 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Good "old" GTA series...who remember first GTA for PC? It was really new approach in game world (in my opinion)....

8. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    But you can play it with a controller though.

9. HeliPilot

HeliPilot Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Originally Posted by Fangbone
    "The lesson I've learned from this release is to never buy another GTA port for iOS. I don't care how great they say it will be, GTA is just not meant to be played without a physical controller. And the big problem is that Rockstar knows these games will sell like hotcakes and they also know that they will play like crap without a controller but they don't care because people will buy it because it's GTA."

I tend to disagree with the control statement. It takes a little time to get the hang of it, but once you do it plays just fine. No problems during story/side missions at all. I do miss having rudder control in aircraft though. And really, what is better then GTA in your pocket.

10. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    GTA on a big TV with a controller :p

11. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I don't understand why some hates the port of that game. It plays like a charm on an iPad Mini Retina. The controls are better than the PC version (I didn't use a controller).

12. HeliPilot

HeliPilot Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yep, just love carrying my 70 inch TV and a PS2 everywhere. Lol ;)

13. SuperMonkey9988

Apr 6, 2013
    So, it seems that at least two people on the Rockstar support forums have gotten in contact with people from Rockstar about the radio bug. All the first guy got for a response was to restart the device, and the only info the second guy got was that the bug is caused by the music files being the last thing downloaded. Neither mentioned that they were working on fixing the problem. Unbelievable, it just seems that they don't care to fix it now that they got our money.

14. SuperMonkey9988

Apr 6, 2013
    Funny thing is, it probably runs better on a 10 year old PC than any other a7 device.

15. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I have zero problems with this game, no frame rate drops, I don't need a controller really because it works just fine without it. Iphone 5 latest ios.. Hope there will come an update for you guys

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #1116 Nekku, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Well then you're obviously playing another GTA:SA than me and many other ppl with A7 iPads.
    I won't believe it until I see a video of GTA SA playing smooth on an Air or MiniR. I saw countless vids on YT and every single one had bad framerates.

Ye, it's pathetic. Their support is almost on par with Gamelofts lol
    I wrote a letter about fps to R* and WarDrumStudios on the day it was released.
    R* gave me the usual copy/paste answer full of bs and even with instructions for iOS 6 pfft. A complete waste of time.
    WarDrumStudios on the other hand told me that they will looking into it and that they had no doubt about the mentioned issues. But no improvements in sight yet.

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    So you're all saying that the game is unplayable on A7 devices because of a few frame rate issues? Deal with it! Stop being so picky, you're just comparing over something so small... Maybe you have OCD idk.

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    No, I won't play Los Venturas at 10fps. I have no reason to deal with this kind of bs.

19. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013

Well, I don't know what you have done with your device. I don't have lag issues even when a lot of things are going on at the same time.

Anyhow, I am not gonna discuss this further because it is going nowhere.

20. SuperMonkey9988

Apr 6, 2013
    Ummm... it's not just a few frame rate issues. The game plays so choppy that sometimes I feel like I'm watching a slideshow, does that not sound unplayable for you? And it's not being picky, it's us wanting our brand new hundreds of dollars iPads to play a game at least on par with a console released 10 years ago.