Universal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    "I CANNOT believe they did this!!!!! I don't like being scuffed and bushed."

Well come on, you can't blame rockstar for not being able to support older devices that don't have the specs to run a game as large and complicated as San Andreas. The only reason we're getting games like this now is because devices can actually support them. But as time goes on, the requirements get larger and older phones drop off the supported list. That's just the way technology works.

Having said that, I'm guessing the game WILL run on a 4- it just probably won't run very well.

2. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    We are indeed a major "minority". I also think Vice City had the most personality and fun in it. Thanks to the era it takes place and references to Carlito's Way, Scarface... But as with all the other GTA games this one is a must play. IOS or PC. San Andreas lost its personality regressing to a pointless gang war but I think it has the most number of features includind GTA 4. And to think this is in my hand during long trips :)

3. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome release. I wish GTA IV was being ported over too...

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Not just that but the 4 still has to push the retina display while being that much underpowered from the 4S.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    GTA4? Sure Maybe when the ipad 7 comes out. And for that device and newer only. But of course people will still ask if ipod4 will still work with it =p

6. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    Anyone starting the Bigfoot hunt yet? ;)

7. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    If any of you have the game already, how does it run on A6 devices(specifically the iPhone 5!)?

8. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Awesome, my fave of the series, so much to do, so many little things, perfect game. Buying in a few hours when home, love it.

9. aMc

aMc Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Yessssssss!!!! Merry mutha****ing Christmas!!!

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#70 Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Playing the Game on an iPhone 4. The Loading Times will probably killing you and the low FPS won`t really help you at all but the Game does run on the iPhone 4 with like 5 - 10 Frames per Second. I can see why Rockstar did put the iPhone 4S as the Minimum Device.

Update:

Ok just tried it and I mean you know, both eyes closed while praying but the Frames are so damn low on the iPhone 4 that I can't really advise anyone to buy it at the current point.

11. Philly Phanatic25

Apr 12, 2012
    Has anyone tried this out on an iPad 2 yet? If so, how does it run? Thanks!

12. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Really excited for this one. Played it a bit on a play station 2 back than. Now it's like a complete new experience on iOS :D glad I updated to a 5S recently. :)

I had an iPhone 4 before. It's ok if they stopped supporting devices (also have an iPad 2). It's worse if you can download it but it then doesn't run good enough to enjoy it.

13. maomaoyinpei

maomaoyinpei New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Can i use cheats ?

14. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    So do you need to sign into social club for icloud saves to work? Or does icloud saves work the same as III & vice city?

15. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Is it out in PH app store? I'm trying the kiwi link but it says cannot connect to app store

16. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Was Chinatown wars pulled from the App Store? I can't find it and believe it is the only ios GTA that supports cheats :)

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yes it was pulled. I think it crashed on ios7 and was creating problems.

18. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Is this game a modified version of the ps2 game? Or is it based off a slight HD remake for another system?

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    10 pages later....

Are there cheats for this?

20. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Probably won't be cheats :(

Wonder how it runs on ipad 2