Universal Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

What device are you playing on?

Oh and has anyone here played it in 60 FPS on a 6s?

2. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    6S Plus, the frame rate is great & honestly I'm enjoying the 3D Touch features, less buttons on screen, same amount of control. The "press harder to sprint" functionality is excellent to say the least, frees up your right thumb completely

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    GTA IV was hands down the worst PC port I've ever played smfh.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

That sounds amazing

5. jgeirge

Apr 8, 2015
    Here are some comparison screenshots of GTA III & Liberty City Stories:

GTA III
    [​IMG]
    Liberty City Stories
    [​IMG]
    GTA III
    [​IMG]
    Liberty City Stories
    [​IMG]
    GTA III
    [​IMG]
    Liberty City Stories
    [​IMG]
    GTA III
    [​IMG]
    Liberty City Stories
    [​IMG]

Keep in mind that GTA III has very low range for pop ins, mediocre framerate & dull textures when compared to Liberty City Stories, though the latter lacks debris, smoke and other graphical effects found in the former.
    (All screenshots are from an iPhone 6S Plus)

6. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    On iPad 2, it appears to crash on save when saving to the cloud. Saved to standard slot and the crashing seems to have stopped. It is a bit laggy, but it runs.

On another note, I am not hearing the radio chatter when in a police car or ambulance, had it been removed in LCS?

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Do the cheat codes work?

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    The game runs well on iPhone 5 if anyone is interested. Enjoying the game so far I know people will say story was better in gta 3 but the story in this isn't bad. The best gta 3 variation based off my opnion is San Andreas and Vice City but in the end they are all fun and good

9. Mar3k

Mar3k New Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Can't wait to play. I've played on psp a few years ago. I'm big fan of gta series.

10. nejizofa

nejizofa Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Now this is what I am waiting for!

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry, dunno how to config the controls to fully enjoy the 3D Touch feature. On 6S the graphics is very crisp and frame rate is smooth -- I cannot tell if it is 60fps tough, may be I should compare it with Mini 2

12. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Not a very good performance on the iPad 3, stories aren't that good too, but it's nice to come back to town.

shooting system doesent seems to work proper for me, so I allways use the baseball batt .

some of the cars have a terrible handling so it's nice to have some bikes.

13. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Later in the game the shooting system is so horrible that make playing impossible for me; maybe I do something wrong, but I can't lock a target and when I want to shoot a particular person I always find myself hitting on random targets

14. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Anyone know if this has any extra content or is it just the psp version?

15. jgeirge

Apr 8, 2015
    How far are you? I've gotten to the Second island & just assassinated the mayor without any issues.

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    As far as I know there has never been any content added to this game. I think they ported it to the PS2 or PS3 at one time but didn't add anything new to the game.

17. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    What are the enterable buildings in this one?

18. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Are the cheats enabled?

19. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #79 Freeway82, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    I finished San Andreas last 2 weeks and finished Liberty City Stories last week.

I like the shooting in this game much better than the other ports including San Andreas because the shooting has weight to it especially the Shotguns although San Andreas is the overall better game due to sheer scope, game play varieties, different types of vehicles and mods.

I almost gave up on this game until I arrived on the second and third islands which are bigger and the story really picked up from there.

The missions are easier and quicker too coupled with checkpoints between missions when compared to San Andreas which has quite brutal and unforgiving missions like when having to fly aircrafts.

Overall I much prefer this game to GTA III and Vice City.

Vice City bores me to death but I am still on it while I made a mistake of playing San Andreas and Liberty City Stories before GTA III. Now I find GTA III unplayable so I won't bother playing it anymore after trying the first 5 missions (I was following the games chronologically)

Anybody on the fence should go ahead and give this game a try even though the graphics are worse than San Andreas but better than Vice City and III

20. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Hm anyone know why it's 9.99 on the canadian appstore?

The conversion hasnt taken place for other apps yet