Universal Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Dec 17, 2015.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    fully support MFi confirmed. works flawless. they tuned everything right out of the box and its just perfect, sensitivity, camera rotation, everything. this developer just never stop to impressed me with their work. one thing though, you will randomly meet a flicker lighting and shadow on some area, this is due to the real time shadow and lighting implementation. they will fixed it on the next update for sure.

ps. GTALCS HAS NEVER BEEN THIS BEAUTIFUL :D

2. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #22 oldsnake, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Instabuy! Installed Size? I just Make Space For Rèpublique Ep 4 God's Acre coming today,so i Need to free Other Space..with an iPhone 6Plus 128GB.Damn,i Need 1 TB IPhone Since i Learn To Not Delete Every of My Favourite Games.Next GTA:VCS,Then No excuse Rockstar To Give Us on iOS Manhunt,Bully and Max Payne 2.

3. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    1.9GB installed.

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Thanks,Making Room.

5. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  6. Dahaka

Dahaka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm in doubt about this one. I bought all the other GTA's on iOS, but with this one i'm not sure. Does it make sense to play this, when I can just load up GTA3. Big part of the original trilogy on iOS was the nostalgia effect of reliving that adventure from back in the PS2 days.
    I never played the GTA 3 and VC stories games, so would it be fun to play them now for the fist time? Maybe for this one I'll wait till it's on sale :)

7. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    What's the soundtrack like with this one? The eighties music in Vice City was just so damn cool. Gta III music was a bit lame IMO (apart from driving around trying to outrun some Italians with opera blasting out the radio!!)

8. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    A GTA game is a GTA game. And since you like GTA 3, to have more Liberty City fun at an earlier stage of its history should totally be a thing. Not to mention that it's 3D and not top-down. The Stories games were a lot of fun. Vice City Stories is better but I assume that won't be out until next year.

9. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    #29 EvilDucktator, Dec 17, 2015
    It's ok...the classical stuff is pretty good, the rest reasonable. Certainly not on Vice City or San Andreas level.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_Stations_in_GTA_Liberty_City_Stories

You can do your own playlist though: make one, name it GTALCS, launch the game and select the radio station MIX TAPE.

10. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks I'll check it out.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Just was looking on the App Store and this game already has a 3/5 star rating.
    Wtf 3 out of 5 I can't agree with that but also reviewers on the App Store can be very ignorant. I can't download it on my iPhone 1s from 1945 so I'm giving it one star that kind of crap when it clearly states the devices it works with :)

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Got to agree. Certainly one of the least interesting gta's. My opinion.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Just a thought as I gladly paid my 6.99 but if GTA 3 is 4.99 why isn't this one 4.99 rather than 6.99 which is same as San Andreas and we know which is a better bang for the buck if you don't own either. Not a complaint just a thought.

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#34 Anonomation, Dec 17, 2015
    This game has many features and changes over GTA 3, including he fact that it looks and plays better. Those of you saying that it makes no sense to buy it are off base. It's not the same game.

I finished it years ago on my PSP, the game is fully worth buying.

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Good points just curious I actually don't own and have never played III. Owned t one time or another and played all others. That's why I wasn't complaining just curious and you summed it up nicely and now I know like I said I feel I easily got my $7 worth!!!

16. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Is it me or does the autosave not work? Every time I quit and start the game, it starts in the "home" where I last saved the game.

Can anybody confirm that it's intentional or is it a bug?

17. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #38 redribbon, Dec 17, 2015
    i think its intentional and not a bug. i remember playing this on my psp and the autosave doesnt exist either. i think its being designed on purpose since people rarely shutsdown their psp compared to the console counterpart.

i can still remember how happy i am when i get my original UMD copy when my aunt got back from US. oh and im paying 40bucks for that umd back in the day. so 4.99 is really2 cheap consider they've done lots of improvement over the old version. its like im playing the whole new game again.

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    #####################☕️

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Do the cheat codes work?

I love to just have mayhem sometimes to let off steam.

Billy