Universal Grand Theft Auto III (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Dec 14, 2011.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    One thing that helped me is realizing you don't need to get ALL the tapes. Just get as many as you can, but if you miss some, just keep going. I had a lot of trouble with that one as well.

2. Joemama25

Joemama25 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    wait really?? thats awesome ill try that. does it like change your score if you get less tapes?

3. creofire

creofire Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Hey Question on GTA 3 I am have trouble with the "deal steal" mission it says go north to find the Yardie Car which I do and think I find it and drive it but I am sort lost any help would be great

4. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Every magazine (tape?) you pick up adds 1 second to your timer. To have enough time to complete the mission i'd say you need to collect around 80%. Obviously if you miss one, its not worth going back to get it for just one extra second.

5. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    #785 Monolith, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    When you get in the right type of vehicle some green text should pop up telling you what to do next. If you're getting in a car and the text isnt popping up, en youre not in the right car.

You want to get in a car that looks like an old eldorado with leopard print interior.

6. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I need some help on the rampage mission where u have to kill the diablo gang the auto targetting keeps messing me up and sometimes they get close to me that i am unable to fire the m16 cause they hit me

7. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Does the background start to glitch for any1 else after u mod over 4 or 5 cars

8. K0N3

K0N3 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    The building textures all turn low-res when I have more then 16 custom cars (iPhone4S)...

Here is a link to iPhone4S & iPad2 modded gta3_pvr.img file with custom wheels and iPhone4, 3GS and iPad modded oldveh_pvr.img file, also with custom wheels. I've installed 9 custom cars with custom wheels and no texture problems.

Here is a link to the other custom cars...

9. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Thx i have a 4s too and the glitches really annoying, it not even a low res texture. Spaces become see thru and as u drive copies of ur car get made. I'll check out ur link tho.

10. Rah_BE

Rah_BE Member

Dec 17, 2011
    #790 Rah_BE, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    I was never too good at gta3. not much better on an ipod touch. i know little about the pc modding of gt3. Anyone know if other cities can be opened through modding? I can't get passed bomb da base act ii on an ipod touch.

adding save files to the the gta3 directory through iexplorer can be done, but trying to load them crashes the app. anyone with a ios save and iexplorer wanna sent me an ios save file and see if that will load on a device the file wasn't created on.

fek. nevermind.

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/20781567-questions-about-save-transfers-cheat-codes-custom-soundtracks-icloud-social-club-and-achievements-in

11. creofire

creofire Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Ok here is a question for all you GTA fans out there. What are the chances Rockstar releases GTA Vice City and San Andreas for the I-Phone/I-Pad?

12. Oppop

Oppop Active Member

Mar 2, 2011
    http://m.freemyapps.com/share/url/0935af52
    United Kingdom
    i love this game soo much brought back loads of memorys on my ps2

13. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
  14. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Rockstar have done a great job with this port, a few things need tweaking but overall a great experience.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Major bug found

rockstar plz fix this

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When I suffered the sound bug, I discovered that GTA3 collides with YouTube. Don't ask me why nor how, but I fixed it by opening the YouTube app, exiting any video the app was locked on (i.e. Leaving the app in the video description), closing all the apps and rebooting the phone.

In my case, I opened the game and it began just where I had left it. I think the game has an autosave feature, but I'm not sure.

17. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Will this game ever recieve a performance update?

18. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    For some reason, since today my game won't load. It gets to the loading screen and when the bar reaches the end the app crashes. Any solutions? I've tried the most obvious things like a hard reset.

19. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but I don't want to read through the whole thread. What is the approximate file size uncompressed? Thanks!

20. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Under Settings -> General -> Usage -> Storage I'm showing 690 megs.

And is it me or does gta3 being all lowercase look cheesy and something a low budget gaming company would do? At least Chinatown Wars is GTA: CTW.