Universal Grand Prix Story 2 (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 5, 2017.

1. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    The IAP is crazy expensive in this game

2. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    The original still holds up pretty well so dont bother with this garbage. Its amazing how similar the two are to be honest.

3. muttso1o

muttso1o Member

Dec 16, 2014
    What have they done #!
    I like Grandprix Story next to Gamedev. it is one of the beter games.
    But making this F2P filling it with all kinds iap is not A good move. And the overall design is messy tbh. I'll stick with GPS for now since the tracks and overall game is basicly the same.

4. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    If the IAP was a bit cheaper and was only placed at certain points I wouldn't mind but here it is really ridiculous.

You need to make fuel to race and it acts like a timer. They also added construction queue and times for buildings.

Even upgrading too much your car and components results in using more fuel.

This is really boring to have to farm the races.

5. Woodlandstar

Woodlandstar Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #25 Woodlandstar, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Ok, here's an honest review of the game.
    Grand Prix Story is my favourite Kairosoft game.
    I like many was really put off by the free to play mechanic.
    I've played for the past few days and the game is an improvement on the first.
    Adverts are annoying plain and simple. There should be a pay option to remove banner adverts, absolutely. The fact that you have to be online to play is rubbish yes, but my phone is always online so not a major issue.
    Getting past all that though, the game is very good.
    I haven't spent any real money and am making solid, constant progress.
    The timers actually add to this game believe it or not, as it makes it feel more alive, like you've got to wait for things to be built. My fuel production is efficient enough to give long play sessions when I want them.
    Improvements over the first? Well there are tons, more tracks, way more cars, more parts.
    You can actually construct buildings now which offer a ton of additional features. Lots of improvements all round.
    From what I've seen so far and on heard on Discord, there is a TON of game here, loads to unlock.
    Most of Kairosofts original titles are pay once and enjoy, and the new ones they have released do get a barrge of hate because of IAP.
    The IAP isn't an issue in this game, you can make do without it fine. The adverts are annoying like I said, but after a while you don't even notice them.
    Look past the fact that it's free to play, and give it a chance and I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much if not more than the first.

6. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Right now you can buy the original on the US app store for only .99!