Universal Grand Mountain Adventure (by Toppluva AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2020.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Haha... has to cross post since I thought it was hilarious when I ran into the snow plow and it fell over... I think I was going fast but not that fast haha! This game is so amazing and love the small details it has! Still on mountain 1 as I only get to okay when my daughter is asleep so like maybe 30 mins a day!

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Haha I also saw your post and I think I asked which mountain! I wonder if anyone is going to do a guide with each map in detail and sharing fun to its or encounters etc...

3. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I really want to love this game. It is beautiful to look at. Controls pretty well. But on the first mountain the trial on the bottom right involving 37 gates is impossible. I just can't complete it. I know I now have a mental block. I got 36 once but haven't come close since. It's putting me off buying the full game because I reckon if I can't complete that trial I won't have a hope on later levels. :):)

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Mooro there are no impossible challenges, but some are ridiculously difficult. Just keep in mind that every next mountain doesn’t necessarily mean an increase in difficulty. I consider myself being very casual player and I have 5 mountains 100% completed including double diamond times. So I assume it’s not as difficult as it seems in the beginning. There’s an obvious learning curve. Don’t give up!

5. cawaker

cawaker Member

May 27, 2013
    I love this game, it was insta but after 5 minutes of playing, but I find the touch controls for in air moves and balancing while grinding to be rather frustrating.

it could be me being twitchy, and I haven’t hooked up a controller to my phone yet to try that.

but overall the challenges are challenging but not so frustrating I want to chuck my phone, except for maybe a couple of the long grinds.

I’d totally rebuy this for the Switch if it ever got ported.

6. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Is the app title being cut off on all devices? First I thought it only happens on iphone but later I had to realize not even the ipad can show the already truncated title.

7. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    What do you mean?

8. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    grand.jpg
    This is on ipad, with the bigger icon size set, it's like this on iphone:
    70gwxgyhch961.jpg
    Suggested the dev Grand Mountain which would fit on ipad or GMA (like table top racing is TTR)...He wasn't in favor of GMA even though people already call it that.

9. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    That’s not a problem, I think.

10. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    It's not breaking any functionality but looks count too. All my other games fit at least on ipad.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Keep on fighting the good fight. Ever since folders were introduced to iOS, this was a battle I gave up fighting.

12. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Got the response that it will be changed with next update. Yay!

metalcasket likes this.